Re: Indy Car
DruLay20

Finish
Briscoe, Patrick, Andretti, Dixon, Dario, Kanaan

Great Race!

6/5/10, 11:11 PM   #12
IndyBound

Enjoyed watching the Texas race just wish Davey Hamilton wasn't taken out of the 500 race and was able to run both races to completion.

Patti

1 member likes this post: billwill7
6/5/10, 11:17 PM   #13
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I thought the IRL safety team was the best in the buisness. They looked lost during that fire.
I have to agree. They just looked lost. They stopped so far away from the car that they had trouble getting the hose to the fire. They had a hard time getting her out, also. I really thought we were going to witness a tragedy tonight. Fortunately, when they interviewed her she said the only thing was burns on her right hand where she placed it on the side of the cockpit to try to get out. I thought that she was VERY gracious toward the safety team, especially given the amount of time they left her in a badly burning car.

6/6/10, 1:16 AM   #14
racefan20

Well if the speedway hadnt laid off the head of their safety team(that travels to all IRL races) they might be a little more organized.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: D.O.
6/6/10, 7:03 AM   #15
VaDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter23 View Post
The IRL is never going to get their previous (or any) fan base back until they make the race coverage available to everyone - not just those who can afford optional premium cable channels. Perhaps the good old days of open wheel being #2 are long gone...
I agree that the move th VS hurt, but on Cox (at least out here) it's one of the lower teir channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I thought the IRL safety team was the best in the buisness. They looked lost during that fire.
I was thinking the same thing. Usually these guys are there almost immediately, and are really quick about everything, but that was just slow and scary. That looked like it could have turned into a really bad situation.

Quote:
who cares! Tk sucks!
How can anyone not like Tony Kanaan?!

That was a fun race all night long. I think Danica did a great job all night, except for that one really blatant block on TK. The IRL penalized at Indy for blocking, what happened with that? There was a lot of blocking all over the place last night (and not just by Patrick)

6/6/10, 9:08 AM   #16
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5JMOFFATTFAN! View Post
who cares! Tk sucks!
Posted via Mobile Device
What? Lets see he started 33rd at Indy and ran second most of the race.He started 11th tonight finished 6th. He is the best at restarts in the IRL. The guy is nothin but first class.

2 members like this post: billwill7, buck2
6/6/10, 9:20 AM   #17
JEFFSTOY

No f--king crap all them people around and no one has a fire extinguisher.

6/6/10, 10:00 AM   #18
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFSTOY View Post
No f--king crap all them people around and no one has a fire extinguisher.
Man I was coming unglued watching that pathetic effort.

The guy at the driver waived for help, you got two or three guys trying to get the hose unwrapped while another one is trying to get water pressure to it
meanwhile the fire is growing. And then when the guy decides to get an extinguisher he stays on the opposite side of the car from where the fire was at. Are they trained to stay on the opposite side of the car when they start shooting their water canons? If he was in a better position maybe she wouldnt have gotten her hand burnt when she put her hand down to push herself up out of the cockpit.

Someone said she was gracious and she was but she may change her tune when she watches the replay, if she watches it.

6/6/10, 2:17 PM   #19
sprntr

[QUOTE=Wingman;175225]I thought the IRL safety team was the best in the buisness. They looked lost during that fire.QUOTE]

Absolutely pathetic watching that poor girl sit in the middle of that fire, while the fireman stood there with his limp hose in his hand!
Don't they test any of their equipment???

6/6/10, 3:23 PM   #20
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

indyracingleague@indycar.com is their email address. I have already sent them an email expressing my concern with their bumbling ineptitude. I urge everyone to do the same. Perhaps they need to understand that some of us really care about drivers.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy Car