IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT Toyota
3/12/10, 7:02 PM   #21
Re: OT Toyota
RichC

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn4rob View Post
can anyone answer my origimal question,is there any reason that the driver could not simply put the damn thing in nuetral and coast to a safe stop?

ROB
In the case of the Prius at least, there is no mechanical connection between the shifter and the gearbox. "Shifting" the car is software controlled. If this problem is software oriented and not a mistaken pedal thing, then I suppose it's possible that kicking it into neutral doesn't do anything.

3/12/10, 8:46 PM   #22
TRUCKER D

I have a 2007 toyota pickup did not have the peddle stick But when i took it in for the recall it took them 3 hours to fix it? HMMMMMMM what was it that took them so long to fix it?? any clues??

3/12/10, 10:38 PM   #23
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Toyota's acceleration problems don't affect me at all. I have never bought a Toyota and I never will. I know it goes against conventional wisdom, but I am old school and can't forgive the Japanese for what they did to us in "The Big One" WWII. I just can't let it go.

I drive a good old Chevy Impala (made in Canada) and have had a few problems with it, but it's at least an AMERICAN car company.

I'll get off my soapbox now.
Which is better, buy Japanese cars who gives Americans jobs and have factories in America or buy American cars who out sources jobs in another country where the American cars factories are located and hiring foreign workers?

REH

3/12/10, 10:39 PM   #24
turn4rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
My bad, i thought it had been answered. Most if not all Toyotas have a button starter, if you have the button starter and you turn it off it WILL lock the steering. The only solution is to put it in nuetral and get it stopped and then turn it off. So yes you can do that but you can't just turn it off and steer it to safety...... I would say from his quote, he was scared, he panicked and called for help. Not all people are capable of handling a deal like this under pressure BUT IMHO I think he's either lying or blowing it out of all context.....
IMO if A person so slow or dimwitted that he has to call for help in that situation he should NOT be behind the wheel!!!!
ROB
Last edited by turn4rob; 3/12/10 at 10:41 PM.

3/12/10, 10:45 PM   #25
REH24

[QUOTE=racer-x;160622]There is a big Toyota plant in Greensburg Indiana that seems to employ alot of people.

That ia a Honda plant but you are right Americans have jobs plus it is helping the economy in that part of the state.

REH

3/13/10, 12:20 PM   #26
ByronMack

I think I'll buy American, considering G.M. puts the food on the table and the money in my pocket. Plus the money spent on American automobiles stay in the U.S. economy.
Posted via Mobile Device

3/13/10, 7:25 PM   #27
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

My wife owns a Toyota and we haven't had a problem, but the gas peddle is to the floor just about every where we go

3/13/10, 11:49 PM   #28
Tim Watson

My gas pedal sticks to, then i realize i'm the one holding it to the floor. This was years ago but i had a 1979 Toyota Celica and it was the best car i ever owned and i wish i still had it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT Toyota