IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Moving to Indy! What area should I move to?
3/11/10, 10:46 PM   #11
Re: Moving to Indy! What area should I move to?
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve004 View Post
I may be relocating from MI to Indy. Shucks right lol. The relocation is painless since I will finally be in sprint car country. Guys please help me out. What is the area I should be looking for? East?West? What? Im excited about it now. Bloomington, THAT, the newer LPS, of course Kokomo and Gas City. Instead of driving 4 hours to the mile and then the lil 5!!! Any tips on good neighborhoods would be appreciated. Thank you, Steve
come to southeastern indiana you are a skip hop and a jump from all the great tracks in indiana and not to far from eldora

3/11/10, 10:49 PM   #12
upanddn

Noblesville is a good location for getting to most of the tracks. Gas City, Kokomo, Eldora without battling Indy traffic. Bloomington and Paragon are a bit of a challenge. Not bad getting to Terre Haute, Lawrenceburg and Putnamville. Nice area for middle and upper income price ranges, but taxes are a bit steep and its on the I69 corrider. There's exceptions, but a good rule of thumb is to stay outside of 465.

3/11/10, 11:01 PM   #13
Andrew S. Quinn

Speedway is a good central location to everything.

3/11/10, 11:04 PM   #14
openwheelfan1

We just left Plainfield after 30 years. It is a nice town, clean, well run, and has very good schools. Relatively low taxes and good home values. It has good access to all the major interstates except I-65 South. I would agree with upanddn....with the exception of Speedway, stay outside of I-465.

3/12/10, 12:26 AM   #15
kstudley57

Plainfield....I hear it's a pretty nice little place. haha, it's where I call home and it's a nice mix of big city shops but in a small town. If you ever visit give "the coachman" a try, my local eatery and watering hole. EXIT 66 off of I-70.

3/12/10, 9:30 AM   #16
Seadog

I don't live in Indy but I thinks Mooresville is a nice community that has many tracks within a nice drive of it (THAT, Bloomington, LPS, ORP, IMS, Paragon, Twin Cities, Brownstown, etc.)

Just from an out-of-towner that has been hanging around Indy for over 50+ years.

3/12/10, 10:34 AM   #17
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

I would try to stay in Morgan Co. It is the county south west of Indy and has the cheapest tax rates around the area. The Mooresville school system is pretty good. Short commute (10 to 15 minutes) to 465 and easy interstate access to just about all the tracks. Home prices are not too bad either.

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!

3/12/10, 11:43 AM   #18
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew s. Quinn View Post
speedway is a good central location to everything.
sure if you want to live in the getto!

3/12/10, 12:13 PM   #19
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
sure if you want to live in the getto!
that's high dollar compared to rural and massachusetts
try coming from florida and going to stay in that hood for the first time you come to indy.

then i was saved ,thank you d.s

3/12/10, 6:39 PM   #20
steve004

Thank you all very much for the replies. A big help! Even got a realtor connection! I dont have any kids. Getting around Indy takes a lot of time. If I want to drive back to MI, I'd like to be able to easily. I'll know in a week if i am moving. Thanks again guys.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Moving to Indy! What area should I move to?