IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Tv show
1/2/10, 1:13 AM   #1
New Tv show
mayor31

New show starting in Jan. on the History Channel not sprints but atleast its racing on tv.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccgUY...layer_embedded

1 member likes this post: JEFFSTOY
1/2/10, 3:48 AM   #2
Re: New Tv show
cmakin

Seems to be more about fighting and less about racing. I will be glad when this "reality" TV concept has run its course. It seems that all channels are running these types of shows instead of what they started to broadcast. History Channel with Ice Road Truckers and this show, Speed channel with their insipid show about tow truck drivers (is there so little racing in the US that they can't find a race to cover?). Sigh. And ESPN showing dog shows and billiards. I can't believe that their viewership is increasing.

1/2/10, 3:59 AM   #3
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
Seems to be more about fighting and less about racing. I will be glad when this "reality" TV concept has run its course. It seems that all channels are running these types of shows instead of what they started to broadcast. History Channel with Ice Road Truckers and this show, Speed channel with their insipid show about tow truck drivers (is there so little racing in the US that they can't find a race to cover?). Sigh. And ESPN showing dog shows and billiards. I can't believe that their viewership is increasing.
I kinda got the same impression about the fighting, kept waiting for Jeff Foxworthy to show up behind a mic.

1/2/10, 5:03 AM   #4
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

already put it on my dvr

1/2/10, 10:35 AM   #5
Pitstooge

I'm going to guess that Jerry Springer is the executive producer of this?

1/2/10, 12:30 PM   #6
Stagger

WOW... Watching hillbillies fight at a race track.. Nice crowd too. We have some real winners out there. They put crap like this on TV because people actually watch it. 98% of all TV shows from the news to cheesy sitcoms are written to an 8th grade level.That is no B.S. Pretty sad. The majority of the people in the country are uneducated hill jacks. After watching this trailer it is no wonder the rest of the world thinks we are dumb asses. It is because we are. Did they take everyone from Anderson or Winchester to this track? Looks like it. It is sad to see.. Reminds me of the HBO thing at Anderson. Really nice. Where are all the smart people at? Oh not watching crap like this. Probably reading a book that does not have the words " See Spot run". Thank God for F1.

1/2/10, 1:00 PM   #7
Rpracing1

Is this a USAC sanctioned event??????????

1/2/10, 1:03 PM   #8
D.O.

Hey it's a NASCAR deal !

1 member likes this post: Bruce Harrison
1/2/10, 9:28 PM   #9
50mcrewguy

It was filmed in North Carolina at Bowman-Gray Stadium. It is the NASCAR Southern Modifieds. They pack the place every time they race there. Yes it's a bunch of southern good ole' boys Even though it seems they could hardly tie their own shoes, some of those guys are very smart.

1/2/10, 10:07 PM   #10
bigmojo5

"They put crap like this on TV because people actually watch it."

Isn't that the only reason they put anything on TV!!!

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

HEY! I go to anderson and winchester. Guess that makes me a hillbilly.
What makes you so pure and intelligent.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Tv show