IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Old Lawrenceburg Photo's and More
12/2/09, 8:38 PM   #11
Re: Old Lawrenceburg Photo's and More
speedy20

Wow, what memories. The 22 with the wing is Leon Thickstun. The 77 Law Bros car Roger Zellner. 44 Greg Staab. The were two pictrues w/ Tony Solomito in the 8 and 4R quarries car. Black #4 Jr. Smalley. Ron Dorsett in the b11. Think the 53 had Randy Kinser in it. Bernie Graybeal in the 93, Nick Nabor in the 6 with Larry Goad in the 72. I think the 17 that went through fence was Leon also, not sure about that one. Great picture of Danny Milburn, I sure do miss him.
Any more pictures?
Last edited by speedy20; 12/2/09 at 8:41 PM.

12/3/09, 1:22 PM   #12
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post

wow...was the water on the infield meant ot be there or did it flood so they put a boat in it?
That pace car had white interior and was aqua green with orange fluoresent lettering. It sure did get you to look when you saw it driving down the road.

12/3/09, 2:28 PM   #13
HurstBros0

Nice picture of Mike Johnson and Bud Holmes in the victory lane shot. Mike took the jacket and Dad got the case of oil. I thought Dad had the only one of those pictures left in excistence. That is 1969. Dad and Mike also won the track championship at Kokomo in that same car that year.

12/4/09, 9:28 AM   #14
lazyifoto

In the second pic (the man and trophy queen) Is that Late model driver Chuck McWilliams??Chuck also ran arca and raced at Daytona????

12/4/09, 10:51 AM   #15
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
In the second pic (the man and trophy queen) Is that Late model driver Chuck McWilliams??Chuck also ran arca and raced at Daytona????
Yes a young Chuck McWilliams. There were quite a few drivers from Florence Spdwy back then that ran ARCA at Daytona. Ralph Latham won the ARCA race in 1967 and Woody Fisher won it in 1977 at Daytona.
Last edited by REH24; 12/4/09 at 10:55 AM.

12/4/09, 6:42 PM   #16
Joshua Shaw

I posted all those L-burg pics. I have twice that many I didn't scan in. I'm new here.. I'll see what I can do for ya'll.

12/4/09, 7:48 PM   #17
REH24

[QUOTE=Joshua Shaw;148296]I posted all those L-burg pics. I have twice that many I didn't scan in. I'm new here.. I'll see what I can do for ya'll. [/QUOTE

Awesome really appreciate seeing those pictures. Maybe Dave Rudisell could post them on the speedway web site with your permission. They have an history article but no photo of past history.

REH

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Old Lawrenceburg Photo's and More