IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Sprint Week
11/19/09, 5:51 PM   #21
Re: Paragon Speedway Sprint Week
quicktime3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Where in my post does it say that they "deserve" another USAC race? My suggestion to Keith was to contact MSCS and see about a Saturday night show following Bloomington. It could be a building block to further his case in the future.

Secondly, exactly which regular USAC drivers don't want to go there? You seem to have already polled them as your post says "almost all of their regular racers". I would be interested in hearing who they are.
Sorry, I quoted you but the part about them deserving a race was a comment by someone else.

USAC asked about Paragon last year when they were deciding which race to add during Midget Week. As you can probably guess, the consensus was that they didn't want to go there. Don't shoot the messenger...

11/19/09, 5:53 PM   #22
racerdog45

If Paragon, which runs sprint cars weekly doean't deserve a race then does Brownstown which rarely runs open wheel racing? As far as it not being enough of a show palace it's a bullring dirtrack and no worse than Twin Cities or Putnumville. And before you yell about track conditions I'm sure the same people who are complaining about Paragon's surface would cheer Terre Haute getting a race, and look how many USAC events have been a total disgrace there over the last few years. Paragon is a rough and tough little bullring track. It's one of the founding sprint week tracks. Forget USAC, just have a decent race like KISS or something and people will come and there won't be any USAC hassles. And as far as USAC honoring history of late, that's kind of plain to see with some of the things they've done, like killing the HUT 100, changing/damaging the silver crown cars and so on.....
Last edited by racerdog45; 11/19/09 at 5:54 PM.

3 members like this post: clark9c, jerrythar500, SprintManDave
11/19/09, 6:01 PM   #23
quicktime3

The current USAC regime BROUGHT BACK the Silver Crown cars. AND they're saving the Hut Hundred. Yes, it's switching to a new track, but that's better than the alternative. Come on people, get this stuff straight...

Why can't we be talking about deserving tracks like Kokomo and Haubstadt getting a second race during the week instead. Then we have no worries about anything other than getting some food and a bathroom break between races!
Last edited by quicktime3; 11/19/09 at 6:03 PM.

11/19/09, 6:03 PM   #24
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Sorry but Paragon did not have room for 6 or 8 RVs for the KISS show this year . Where would they put 75+ RVs ?
Bob I was thinkin' the same thing

2 members like this post: mowerman
11/19/09, 6:14 PM   #25
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicktime3 View Post
The current USAC regime BROUGHT BACK the Silver Crown cars. AND they're saving the Hut Hundred. Yes, it's switching to a new track, but that's better than the alternative. Come on people, get this stuff straight...

Why can't we be talking about deserving tracks like Kokomo and Haubstadt getting a second race during the week instead. Then we have no worries about anything other than getting some food and a bathroom break between races!
After they realized their mistake and ummm, the current group is the group that called the HUT this year and they're the group who can't seem to reel in the costs of midgets because they keep bowing to the demands of the rich car owners, the same car owners who with a few exceptions blow into the series then blow right back out after a few years. And sprint week is about traveling to different tracks, not running the same tracks 2 nights which was the orginal concept. And funny I've seen alot of people camping there at the KISS race, maybe you should park the gas hogging, room stealing RV in a campgrounds and then drive to the track.... Right now USAC is at a crossroads, let's hope they take the correct direction. not just on sprint week.

11/19/09, 6:21 PM   #26
quicktime3

The current group at USAC isn't the one who started the "new" Silver Crown cars. They just brought the old cars back. They weren't there when the new cars were brought in.

Haha Sprintweek is built on that traveling crowd. That's like hating on the campers at the Knoxville Nationals or something...

Terre Haute was going to cancel the Hut Hundred because USAC couldn't guarantee enough cars. They made the right call. Midgets, as you note, are out of control. I have a hard time blaming all those problems on a group of people who have been in charge for two years now. The problems in midget racing have been building up for years and years now, if you ask me...

For the record, I have no problem with Paragon getting a race if he can show his ability to prepare the track by hosting a decent-paying sprint car show before then, including qualifying, AND if he takes a mid-week race during Sprintweek.
Last edited by quicktime3; 11/19/09 at 6:24 PM.

11/19/09, 6:44 PM   #27
dirtyd6305

You know for someone to actually say that since the KISS race was dry, Paragon doesn't deserve a Sprintweek date as a result is an idiot. So when Kamp was dry the previous years I know everyone was hating.....how'd that show turn out again? So when Gas City or the Burg is bone dry on the 2 day shows, that means they shouldn't ever get a date again because it was too dry right? You are a joke, but this track certainly is not. Kieth Ford, as once stated by Steve Kinser, you are a true outlaw.

6 members like this post: awnunn, clark9c, JEFFSTOY, JordanBlanton, speed9
11/19/09, 7:03 PM   #28
BIGEBUDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclaridge View Post
Bob I was thinkin' the same thing
No room for a motorhome, no Budman.

2 members like this post: crawfordsville410fans, mowerman
11/19/09, 7:50 PM   #29
Keith Ford

Track prep- Paragon is easy on equitment smooth & fast sometimes this is worth more than a feature win. Track condition ask Jon Stanbrough in the 09 KISS race he had to transfer from B-main started 16th in A an WON, ask Jon about track prep

2 members like this post: awnunn
11/19/09, 8:23 PM   #30
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

If you don't have space for 70 plus gas hogging room stealing RV'S.

YOU DO NOT DESERVE A SPRINT WEEK DATE!

Keith, start with a regular USAC show and see if you have room for the one time fans.

3 members like this post: crawfordsville410fans, mowerman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Sprint Week