IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More nascar crap
10/9/09, 3:01 AM   #21
Re: More nascar crap
I Miss Manzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I have found out it helps me sleep after getting home late from real racing the night before
Absolutely,Jim ! I find that usually,somewhere between "Gentlemen,start your engines" and the third or fourth "If the race ended now",I'm out like a light. And,no one can say that sprint cars are in any way a "spec" form of racing. Does anyone know of a sprint car sanctioning body anywhere that mandates a particular chassis or engine builder?

10/18/09, 1:26 AM   #22
aceace

There was a time when I watched every race from lap 1 to the checker. That ended several years ago. Tonight I watched IU play football on the big ten network, much more enjoyable to watch something real. Nascar front office people do not understand racing. They think everyone is well.... quite stupid. I do watch the last 10-20 laps because that's the only time that some serious "mixing it up" happens. Even that's really not worth it anymore.

1 member likes this post: jerrydt
10/18/09, 2:10 AM   #23
Gasman fan 50

Boston Bob (RIP) Writer for Racing Wheels out of the North West, + NSSN
Knew that times had changed when a woman news writer asked him which one is Dick Petty? That is when Nascar died! Bob cried.

Joe
Last edited by Gasman fan 50; 10/18/09 at 12:15 PM.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
10/18/09, 11:14 AM   #24
DonRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Miss Manzy View Post
Absolutely,Jim ! I find that usually,somewhere between "Gentlemen,start your engines" and the third or fourth "If the race ended now",I'm out like a light. And,no one can say that sprint cars are in any way a "spec" form of racing. Does anyone know of a sprint car sanctioning body anywhere that mandates a particular chassis or engine builder?
ryoung99 is right,

"Almost all racing is now spec racing. That is a fact, I challenge you to tell me one "open" type of racing... it does not exist. What exists is different levels of specs."

All sprint car series today have rules (specifications) that "Limit" the engines and fuel that can be used.

A sprint car series without engine-fuel specs would set it self apart from all other "Spec Engine Series Racing" like F-1, IRL, NASCAR, NHRA USAC, WoO etc
Last edited by DonRacer; 10/18/09 at 11:24 AM.

10/19/09, 2:25 PM   #25
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post
Obviously you haven't watched an IRL race in the last two years. It's the norm any more. That way the cars can pit under yellow and not worry about green flag stops
Obviously, YOU haven't watched an IndyCar race in awhile- the last race went green to checkers.

10/19/09, 2:54 PM   #26
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
Obviously, YOU haven't watched an IndyCar race in awhile- the last race went green to checkers.
I have watched every oval race in the IRL since 2004 and nearly 75% of the IRL events since it's inception. I think I know *** I am talking about.

One race does not a case make.

10/19/09, 4:40 PM   #27
Tripcrwn

I have never been a NASCAR race fan and I am 62 years old. I have always enjoyed open wheel, but there are times that I do check in on a NASCAR race mainly because of Robbie Gordon. But it seems every time I tune in I hear Darrell Waltrip shout "Boggity, Boggity, Boggity, lets go racing boys." Just to hear that sends me flipping to another channel. The broadcast team is terrible and the racing is so bad that it will never hold any interest for me. "Nuff said," - Stan Lee

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More nascar crap