IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Will you attend the Dirt Track World Championship at Lawrenceburg Speedway?
Yes, I'll be there! 32 32.65%
I'm unsure but strongly considering it. 20 20.41%
I don't think so. 20 20.41%
No thanks. 26 26.53%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DTWC comes to the Burg...with Sprints!
10/9/09, 4:29 PM   #11
Re: DTWC comes to the Burg...with Sprints!
modlady

This is one show I cant wait to see

10/9/09, 5:57 PM   #12
advantage2b

Chris or Dave,
I see that they are qualifying but do you know what the format will be for sprints. Inversions, heat race lineups, a-main lineup, etc.

10/9/09, 7:53 PM   #13
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Considering the Late Models are the main attraction, they are going first. The sprints ARE the support class
Posted via Mobile Device
As they should be for this event. What I thought was strange is that on the flyer that was left on my car at the World 100 (and on the side on 4m), the sprint car is on top and right in the middle. It almost looks like the big race is for the sprint cars just looking at the flyer. I'd like to go to the DTWC, but I will go to Kokomo Saturday only. Late Models, Modifieds, Sportsman, and Street Stocks is an awesome program that is rare around here.

10/10/09, 10:00 AM   #14
staggerman

Chris - You missed my point. How many times have you been to a big sprint car show and they run the bombers A-main before the Sprint A main. My point is they should run the Sprint A main first then the Late Model A main to keep with the tradition of the big show going last and making everyone wait! Just having some fun.

10/10/09, 10:32 AM   #15
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
Chris - You missed my point. How many times have you been to a big sprint car show and they run the bombers A-main before the Sprint A main. My point is they should run the Sprint A main first then the Late Model A main to keep with the tradition of the big show going last and making everyone wait! Just having some fun.
I dunno, most of the time I've been to the big shows they run the main class first and then the support divisions afterwards
Posted via Mobile Device

10/10/09, 2:29 PM   #16
ByronMack

Quote:
can't really remember off hand any shows that ran the support series firdt, but I enjoy the support series asvmuch as the main show most of the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

10/10/09, 4:04 PM   #17
Racerrob

Jerry Cooooooooooooons Jr. will be there in the :69:. Dan and I had to replace about 1/4 of the frame but it is back together and we want to shake it down before year-end tear down and make sure it still works!!

I won't be there as I had already scheduled a short vacation with the wife . The fact that I won't be in attendance just about insures a win!!! I am counting on someone to provide updates from the track.

Thanks,

Rob Hoffman

10/11/09, 11:44 PM   #18
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
The only time I have seen a support class run first is when there is a B-main in the sprints and no other B-mains for the other classes, in order to gives the guys who made the A-main some time to work on their cars.

I would be going but I have to go back to work this week so I will be 950 miles away.

10/14/09, 10:38 AM   #19
Brolzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer View Post
can't really remember off hand any shows that ran the support series firdt, but I enjoy the support series asvmuch as the main show most of the time.
Posted via Mobile Device
It depends on where you are. Here in the Midwest (and PA, too, for the most part), the headliner tends to run the first feature, but in NY Modified land where I grew up, the small blocks always ran before the big blocks.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DTWC comes to the Burg...with Sprints!