IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO signs Goodyear as tire
10/5/09, 3:11 PM   #1
WoO signs Goodyear as tire
D.O.

The World Racing Group announced today it has entered into a multiyear agreement with The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company to be the Official Tire supplier to the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series.
Joey Saldana drives his #9 Kasey Kahne Racing World of Outlaws Sprint Car during a test session on Sunday, Oct. 4. (World of Outlaws) » More Photos
Beginning with the 2010 Florida DIRTcar Nationals in February, World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series competitors will be required to race with Goodyears on the left rear and right rear wheel positions.

“Goodyear recognizes Sprint Car racing as one of the elite forms of motorsports,” said Justin Fantozzi, Goodyear’s Marketing Manager of Global Race Tires. “We have a strong history with the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series. Our tires have carried drivers to 19 championships in the 30-year history of ‘The Greatest Show on Dirt.’ We look forward to building on that tradition in 2010.”

10/5/09, 3:50 PM   #2
Re: WoO signs Goodyear as tire
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
The World Racing Group announced today it has entered into a multiyear agreement with The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company to be the Official Tire supplier to the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series.
Joey Saldana drives his #9 Kasey Kahne Racing World of Outlaws Sprint Car during a test session on Sunday, Oct. 4. (World of Outlaws) » More Photos
Beginning with the 2010 Florida DIRTcar Nationals in February, World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series competitors will be required to race with Goodyears on the left rear and right rear wheel positions.

“Goodyear recognizes Sprint Car racing as one of the elite forms of motorsports,” said Justin Fantozzi, Goodyear’s Marketing Manager of Global Race Tires. “We have a strong history with the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series. Our tires have carried drivers to 19 championships in the 30-year history of ‘The Greatest Show on Dirt.’ We look forward to building on that tradition in 2010.”
I can only hope that the tires WoO gets will be better than the SH*T they call NASCAR tires or there will be alot of drivers hurt if not killed.

Preferably, it should be set a tire compound spec and let people race whatever tire brand they want.

1 member likes this post: bherzog513
10/5/09, 4:19 PM   #3
Seadog

Two companies that are nearly bankrupt are joining forces. Interesting.

10/5/09, 8:08 PM   #4
davex

Very interesting!!

10/5/09, 9:17 PM   #5
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Two companies that are nearly bankrupt are joining forces. Interesting.
Kind of like the U.S Treasury and <insert bank or auto comapny name here>.

10/5/09, 9:31 PM   #6
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post
I can only hope that the tires WoO gets will be better than the SH*T they call NASCAR tires or there will be alot of drivers hurt if not killed.

Preferably, it should be set a tire compound spec and let people race whatever tire brand they want.
I would like to see a Tread Width & Durometer/Hardness rule.
Also, mandate a smaller wing say 4x4 like the old IMCA wing.

10/5/09, 11:07 PM   #7
micro94

I didnt know Goodyear still made open wheel tires???I cant think off the top of my head when I last seen one.

10/6/09, 10:33 AM   #8
Fullthrottle410

Wonder what effect it will have on car counts as far as locals or teams that are not running with them full time?

10/6/09, 12:17 PM   #9
KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro94 View Post
I didnt know Goodyear still made open wheel tires???I cant think off the top of my head when I last seen one.
Go here to to a pic of the Goodyear sponsored sprint car of 2009 OKC champ Danny Jennings

http://www.hoseheads.com/dhub.html

10/6/09, 12:33 PM   #10
berks co

Rear only. Are they even made in the USA? Had a test Sunday evening at the Grove. Posse still beating WoO

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO signs Goodyear as tire