IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off Topic? Florida 2010 Schedule
9/29/09, 12:29 AM   #1
Off Topic? Florida 2010 Schedule
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Got my annual announcement for the East Bay Winternationals and then found that Volusia already has their 2010 schedule for the Winternationals on their site. It looks like this:

VOLUSIA

Feb. 1 - Monday - Pit Parking
Feb. 2 - Tuesday - nothing (???)
Feb. 3 - Wednesday - ASCoC
Feb. 4 - Thursday - ASCoC
Feb. 5 - Friday - WoO
Feb. 6 - Saturday - WoO
Feb. 7 - Sunday - WoO

EAST BAY

Feb. 11 - Thursday - ASCoC
Feb. 12 - Friday - ASCoC
Feb. 13 - Saturday - ASCoC

Feb. 25 - Thursday - ASCS 360 wings
Feb. 26 - Friday - ASCS 360 wings
Feb. 27 - Saturday - ASCS 360 wings "Ronald Laney Memorial" & "King of the 360's"

The good news is that the 410s at East Bay are once again sanctioned, on good nights, and pay a lot more. The bad news is that there is a gap between them and the ASCS show which is being filled by crate LMs. Does anyone know of any sprint races in Florida or nearby between February 13 and February 25, 2010. That's a long time to hang out in the warm weather, doing nothing but eating fresh, sweet strawberries.

9/29/09, 1:51 PM   #2
Re: Off Topic? Florida 2010 Schedule
Butler18

You might be able to see some pavement sprint cars in that time period. We are all waiting to see what is going to happen, we have 3 pavement clubs and none of them can get on the same page.I doubt there will be any schedules until sometime in January.

9/29/09, 2:52 PM   #3
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Thanks for the info. I will keep checking. I appreciate the heads up.

9/29/09, 3:14 PM   #4
Gary Silverman

Ocala Speedway had All-Star sanctioned 410s last year, and I'd think they would be the most likely to fill that gap between Volusia and East Bay.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
9/29/09, 4:13 PM   #5
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Silverman View Post
Ocala Speedway had All-Star sanctioned 410s last year, and I'd think they would be the most likely to fill that gap between Volusia and East Bay.
IIRC, the All-Stars made a stop at Lake City and Ocala last year. I was at the Ocala event and it was a pretty good show. They also ran Late Models. Kenny Wallace was the class of the field. It was early in Feb in the build up to the Daytona 500. Ocala is a former dirt-turned asphalt-turned back to dirt 3 turn track. TBARA, winged 360, pavement cars usually start their season on the hi-banked 3/8s at Citrus County Speedway (Inverness) in early February also. I'm not big on pavement or wings, but these guys are fun to watch. TBARA will have 2 or 3 events just prior to the 500. Another one of them will probably be at the paper-clip track at New Smyrna just south of Daytona. The last non-wing events I attended in Florida were at East Bay with the Tn'T bunch about 3 or 4 years ago.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
9/29/09, 4:30 PM   #6
Gary Silverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pierce View Post
IIRC, the All-Stars made a stop at Lake City and Ocala last year. I was at the Ocala event and it was a pretty good show.
Lake City had them in 2008, not this year.

9/29/09, 4:35 PM   #7
TeamCGR

Not to be too much of a Dork but is any of this Non Wing Racing? I know the ASCS 360 is wing but do not know about the ASCoC. Trying to find some racing down in FLA in the Winter to get out of NY. Anyone? Thanks

pg

9/29/09, 4:54 PM   #8
Gary Silverman

All we are talking about is winged sprints.

Last month I read about dirt midgets possibly being in for speedweeks in some form. But no specifics...

9/29/09, 5:10 PM   #9
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCGR View Post
Not to be too much of a Dork but is any of this Non Wing Racing? I know the ASCS 360 is wing but do not know about the ASCoC. Trying to find some racing down in FLA in the Winter to get out of NY. Anyone? Thanks

pg
I don't think so. When the wingless cars ran East Bay some years ago attendance was terrible. Probably why they quit. Butler18 (post #2) might know if any track has non-wing sprints. That sounds like a familiar name in FL racing.

9/29/09, 6:30 PM   #10
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCGR View Post

pg
there is 2 wingless club's they run pavement though
cfwsca
checkerd flag wingless sprint car association i think

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off Topic? Florida 2010 Schedule