IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > From Pruett Family thank you USAC, racers , friends and fans
9/21/09, 8:33 PM   #1
From Pruett Family thank you USAC, racers , friends and fans
spruett

We appreciate and thank everyone who remembered Alex on this night at Columbus . USAC did a beautiful job and the racing was fantastic . We lost Alex two years ago this Wednesday but he lives on every year with this race and this community of friends and the show Three Wide Life which is dedicated to giving tv exposure to grassroots racers. This was one of the last things that Alex wrote in his notebook as a goal he wanted to achieve was to bring attention on tv to the real racers who lived it with every breath. I know he is proud . Whenever we see a dime we think of Alex when I got up Sunday morning after the race there were two dimes side by side next to my bed . They were nowhere near where I had changed just two dimes . ( there is an old saying that a penny represents a soul who has moved on but those of you who knew Alex know he would be a dime.)

We were unable to attend this year becasue our son Stefan had a big show we had promised to attend in AZ but this race and our racing friends were on all three of our minds .

Thanks again

The Pruetts

3 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, Gregg, IndyBound
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > From Pruett Family thank you USAC, racers , friends and fans