IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > fuel question
8/16/09, 10:13 PM   #1
fuel question
aceace

Why is it the WoO sprints can not make it all the way on fuel in a 40 lap race at Knoxville. How big is their cell? Why not a bigger fuel cell? A fuel stop is kind of stupid in such a big race. Takes the excitement out of it.

8/17/09, 1:20 AM   #2
Re: fuel question
SprintRacer4

I agree it is stupid...for some reason the officials wanted to make the race longer but then stop it half way through (22 laps). Apparently they felt the extra 10 laps would be more exciting for fans, but rather then seeing 40 green laps of racing they essentially saw two 20 lap features because of the red flag for fuel. I think that with a 33 gal. tank you probably could make the entire race without stopping if there weren't an excessive amount of cautions. It would be close though. But the car still has to make weight after the feature. Call me crazy but I would MUCH RATHER see a 30 lap green to chekered feature then 40 lap event with a 15 min fuel stop half way through

2 members like this post: reserved1
9/7/09, 9:00 PM   #3
Re: fuel question
v8j

it is not just usac that makes @#$%^&*&^%)*!!!! moves

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > fuel question