IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race fans!
8/23/09, 5:17 PM   #11
Re: Race fans!
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

It takes me less than 2 hours to drive to anywhere in Indiana, once I fly to Indy. :-)

I went to MidgetWeek and the 2nd half of SprintWeek, and hope to get back once more this year.

8/23/09, 5:35 PM   #12
skids59

Tri-state(every time the run), Danville(3), Bloomington(1), Terre Haute(3 counting a race there in Sept), Tri-city(1 not counting midgets there in Oct), Creek Co.(1, week before TNT) 1hr to Haubstadt, 2hrs to Terre Haute, 3hrs to Danville, 4+hrs to Bloomington, 1hr to Tri-city,8hrs to Creek Co. I know the question was for sprinter cars but add Macon, Belleville and Du Quoin for midgets shows.

8/23/09, 6:09 PM   #13
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
please be honest how many times a week to you go too sprint car races? How many times a month? How far do you drive to the track? Please be honest! Thanks!
once a week on the avg. Not counting sprintweek.
3-4 times a month
150 miles (Kokomo being about the longest)
Not as much as we use to before gas prices last year and the economy now. Before these things it was alot more. Have not been to Eldora this year, in the past would have been there 2 or 3 times by now. Only two hr. drive one way.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
8/23/09, 6:18 PM   #14
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

I average about 8 events per month and an average of about 45 miles one way.

8/23/09, 6:39 PM   #15
Supermod
Inactive Member

I have been to 56 races at 29 tracks this year. I live in Nebraska and have seen racing in the following states during 2009: Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Inidiana, Pennsylvania and Illinois. I've been to 13 new tracks this year and 201 total over the last 53 years.

later,

Bob Mays

1 member likes this post: billwill7
8/23/09, 7:40 PM   #16
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatiforever View Post
i would go every night of the week if i could. How many times a month? As many as possible. Have i been to that many in a week? Yes 7 nights and then into the next week. I have driven over a 1,000 to see a race. By the way, how are you feeling?
better thanks! Home now!

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermod View Post
i have been to 56 races at 29 tracks this year. I live in nebraska and have seen racing in the following states during 2009: Oklahoma, missouri, nebraska, south dakota, arkansas, iowa, kansas, inidiana, pennsylvania and illinois. I've been to 13 new tracks this year and 201 total over the last 53 years.

Later,

bob mays
how many of these races are you working for speedy?

8/23/09, 7:44 PM   #17
SprintManDave

I normally go to Bloomington and Lawrenceburg every week that they are running sprints. Sometimes Kokomo on Sunday.Occasionally to Gas City and Putnamville.

8/23/09, 7:47 PM   #18
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripcrwn View Post
i go whenever perris is running usac/cra. With a limited schedule this year that means not very often. Went once to santa maria. The pas usually takes anywhere between one hour or one hour and a half, depending on traffic on the 91. And if there is an accident on the 91 freeway it might be a lot longer. The pas is about 50-55 miles from home. Santa maria is a good three hour drive from my home near long beach. Anyway duke, will we see you in calistoga next month?
i hope to be there with oskie and steve howard!!!!!!!

8/23/09, 8:06 PM   #19
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

40 races so far at 13 tracks in 3 states. We can be to most of these tracks in 2 1/2 hours or less.

8/23/09, 8:14 PM   #20
dirtfan24

Race Count Last Year: 52

I go to at least 1 race every weekend sometimes 2 or 3 and travel up to a 300 mile radius of home.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race fans!