IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race fans!
8/23/09, 3:41 PM   #1
Race fans!
SUPERDUKE
Banned

please be honest how many times a week to you go too sprint car races? How many times a month? How far do you drive to the track? Please be honest! Thanks!

8/23/09, 3:51 PM   #2
Re: Race fans!
terrehautian

I don't go to them regularly. I don't have much money to spare for one. Also, I have many other interests that I try to do in the nice summer months before the snow flies and I am stuck inside (until I go out and play in the snow doing donuts in it or something). This might change by 2011 or late next year. I plan on getting my own place in a year so I could possibly have more spare money (when you make the most money at home and you don't make much, things add up quick).

If I had the money, I would try to go atleast twice a month.
Last edited by terrehautian; 8/23/09 at 3:55 PM.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
8/23/09, 3:52 PM   #3
Tom

Being honest, I never go to sprint car races....unless they are running with the midgets.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
8/23/09, 4:08 PM   #4
Tripcrwn

I go whenever Perris is running USAC/CRA. With a limited schedule this year that means not very often. Went once to Santa Maria. The PAS usually takes anywhere between one hour or one hour and a half, depending on traffic on the 91. And if there is an accident on the 91 Freeway it might be a lot longer. The PAS is about 50-55 miles from home. Santa Maria is a good three hour drive from my home near Long Beach. Anyway Duke, will we see you in Calistoga next month?

8/23/09, 4:32 PM   #5
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
please be honest how many times a week to you go too sprint car races? How many times a month? How far do you drive to the track? Please be honest! Thanks!
Too many!!!:30:
When i do get to go to other tracks, i travel anywhere from 8 hours to 1 hour away. I have been to about 8 other tracks this year so far.
Last edited by Dave Rudisell; 8/23/09 at 4:35 PM.

8/23/09, 4:39 PM   #6
terrehautian

Oh yeah, I have traveled to the burg this year. If the race is over early and I drive, I woudl go up to 3 hours away. Which is quite a few tracks considering where I live. If I am camping or staying over, up to 5-6 hours.

8/23/09, 4:39 PM   #7
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
When I am at home, most weeks that would be "none". Not much in the way of sprint cars down here, and when they do run, it us an ASCS winged show. Now, in May, I drive up to Indiana and make as many as I can, so that would be at least three (Gas City, VCS and Kokomo, with Terre Haute, Anderson and the rained out Haubstadt, this year) not counting the champ cars at the fairgrounds. In July, it was Sprint Week, but we flew to Cincy and drove to all the events, including the midgets at North Vernon.

Honest.

8/23/09, 4:47 PM   #8
Amatiforever

I would go every night of the week if I could. How many times a month? As many as possible. Have I been to that many in a week? Yes 7 nights and then into the next week. I have driven over a 1,000 to see a race. By the way, how are you feeling?

8/23/09, 4:57 PM   #9
5JMOFFATTFAN!

it takes me under 2 hour to get about anywhere in indiana and if i could every week it would be bloomington friday, the burg on sat and kokomo on sunday but i usualy go about twice a week if possible. on a good month maybe ten races

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

btw ive been to freemont ohio, pville, gas city, the burg, kokomo and bloomington o and tss and vernon this year so been a decent year

8/23/09, 5:09 PM   #10
Jim Halpert

I am a semi-regular at Bloomington, never miss a show at Terre Haute, and absolutely live at the Speedway in May. I love going to new tracks...this year I added Gas City, Lawrenceburg, Kamp, and Lucas Oil Stadium ( if you count Supercross). I am now planning on trying to get to DuQuoin for the first time this year as well. We do travel down to Kentucky for the IRL race every year too. I work Saturday evenings, so I can't get to a lot of the tracks around here, except for THAT.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race fans!