IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > kokomo updates???
8/3/09, 11:06 PM   #81
Re: kokomo updates???
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
In my opinion, the Haubstadt Sprintweek show was better than the Kokomo Sprintweek show. It was the other way around last year, though.

It's splitting hairs, I think, to compare the two. I can't remember a bad race at either track. I've been to Haubstadt three times this year, and all three were fantastic. The only two races I've missed at Kokomo were the last two Sundays, and apparently I missed a couple good ones, but I saw some great stuff this year already.

If you ask me, every other track in Indiana is trying to keep up with these two. There's no need to compare, right? Oh yeah, if we're ranking them by average rating of each show, Boswell is the best in Indiana by my vote - I've been there once and it's the best race I've seen all year! haha
Last edited by STIDA.com; 8/3/09 at 11:07 PM. Reason: .

8/3/09, 11:07 PM   #82
Dustin Proffitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Agreed. There are only two tracks that you are 100% guaranteed, every single time you walk through the gates, to see a great race. Haubstadt and Kokomo. Many of the others are great tracks, but these two stand above the rest. I've left both, numerous times, thinking I just saw one of the best races I'd ever seen.

Kerry
Man, I thought I was the only one that left thinking that was the best race I ever saw when I leave Kokomo. The heat races were "typical", but holy cow did they make up for it in the feature. I think Hunter was fixin' to shut Cole down in the feature until all the air "fell out" of his right front. He never gave up though. Very good show indeed.

How bout them TQ's? That was a good feature too. From a spectators standpoint, Wellpot in the 14 had way more talent and desire than the car had speed. I don't know anything about him or the car, but he was making up a boat-load of ground in and out of the corners only to loose it halfway down the straightaways.

8/3/09, 11:16 PM   #83
davidlyons

I'm still thinking about Sunday Night at Kokomo.
I'll agree, that was one of THE BEST sprint car races I've ever seen. How long has it been since someone came in and ran "ABOVE" the koosh like Justin Grant did early in the race when he checked out on the field. That was impressive!! Then the lap traffic battle between Witt, Grant and Hunter (both in Walker cars). Classic!! What a great battle, that type of racing will bring fans to the track. I'm a big Cole Witt fan and he got through lap traffic better than Grant did, but I'll admit Grant was much faster in open track.

Bummmmmmer for the NORCAL kid at the end, but with more experience, watch out for Justin Grant. He put on one HELL of a show, and this was only like his 3rd time in a 410 sprint car. Not bad considering the two seasoned drivers he was dicing with. Cole Witt is as good as they get at Kokomo (or anywhere), and Hunter is very talented himself.

How did Jeff Walker ever get hooked up with this kid? Good find from what I've seen, or is it a rentaride? Are they going to run Kokomo the rest of the season?

Thanks again Hunter, Cole and Justin for giving us fans what we come to see. Awesome race guys.

David

1 member likes this post:
8/3/09, 11:26 PM   #84
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlyons View Post
I'm still thinking about Sunday Night at Kokomo.
I'll agree, that was one of THE BEST sprint car races I've ever seen. How long has it been since someone came in and ran "ABOVE" the koosh like Justin Grant did early in the race when he checked out on the field. That was impressive!! Then the lap traffic battle between Witt, Grant and Hunter (both in Walker cars). Classic!! What a great battle, that type of racing will bring fans to the track. I'm a big Cole Witt fan and he got through lap traffic better than Grant did, but I'll admit Grant was much faster in open track.

Bummmmmmer for the NORCAL kid at the end, but with more experience, watch out for Justin Grant. He put on one HELL of a show, and this was only like his 3rd time in a 410 sprint car. Not bad considering the two seasoned drivers he was dicing with. Cole Witt is as good as they get at Kokomo (or anywhere), and Hunter is very talented himself.

How did Jeff Walker ever get hooked up with this kid? Good find from what I've seen, or is it a rentaride? Are they going to run Kokomo the rest of the season?

Thanks again Hunter, Cole and Justin for giving us fans what we come to see. Awesome race guys.

David
Heard Grant is going back to Norcal tomorrow to run a few BCRA midget races that he agreed to earlier. But he will be back in a few weeks. In the meantime BC will be in the car for TNT. He was sure impressive Sunday and he did the longest set of doughnuts I've seen in a long time.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

8/3/09, 11:40 PM   #85
stanbrough4presidentgo53

Haha i would like to say sorry to everyone for starting this whole mess!! and i was just kidding about the TSS and Kokomo thing.. I like both tracks and both are awesome.. But some people get real defensive sometimes lol.. and my only real question was if any1 again had any info with whats going on with #53 ride?? is it parked like last year or repairs??? thanks!!

1 member likes this post: Micro 11
8/3/09, 11:44 PM   #86
purvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlyons View Post
How long has it been since someone came in and ran "ABOVE" the koosh like Justin Grant did early in the race when he checked out on the field.
I wonder if Hunter gave him some pointers about running Walker's cars at Kokomo? Hunter's normal line in those cars last year was all 4 above the cushion.

8/4/09, 12:59 AM   #87
Hamby812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher79 View Post
I've been around long enough to tell you that either you get it or you don't. I know opinions are like ******** but this is a clear-cut issue for me and many others. Haubstadt has good racing, no doubt about that. Kokomo's is on another level. And what is the deal with the update thing? I didn't bash updates. I have no problem with updates, never have. I called out one sliver of Hoover's update when he wanted to start dick-measuring. That was a personal thing, not an update thing.

I'm glad that you actually came to Kokomo multiple times and formed an opinion from there, that's a good thing and waaaaaay ahead of the curve around these parts.
haha, thanks I try to stay ahead of the curve. I didnt state that you bashed on anything though fisher I just stated that I wasnt bashing anyone that I appreciate all the updates, sorry for the mix up. And honestly the whole track thing is simple, people that live in southern indiana prefer TSS and people that live in the norther part prefer kokomo. Enjoy the racing!!!

1 member likes this post:
8/4/09, 7:46 PM   #88
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher79 View Post
I've been around long enough to tell you that either you get it or you don't. I know opinions are like ******** but this is a clear-cut issue for me and many others. Haubstadt has good racing, no doubt about that. Kokomo's is on another level. And what is the deal with the update thing? I didn't bash updates. I have no problem with updates, never have. I called out one sliver of Hoover's update when he wanted to start dick-measuring. That was a personal thing, not an update thing.

I'm glad that you actually came to Kokomo multiple times and formed an opinion from there, that's a good thing and waaaaaay ahead of the curve around these parts.
Wait a minute, dick measuring? I thought we were measuring our height from head to toe not........

8/6/09, 12:54 AM   #89
Speedracer

Here is Kevin Thomas Jr's wreck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOehEOAHegI

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > kokomo updates???