IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana - this is a fair warning
7/11/09, 9:34 PM   #1
Indiana - this is a fair warning
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Sean and Alex Bowman are in Indiana. They are at Gas City as we speak. This family is not nice. They are so bad that while in Quarter Midgets their local tracks, Tucson and Phoenix, kicked them out. Being kicked out of a track is against all of QMA's principals. In the end QMA even realized how unruly they were and would not fight their fight. They ended up having to drive to Los Angeles every weekend to race Quarter Midgets. Then they moved to the Western States USAC Focus. I am sure USAC will not say anything, but all you need to do is contact anyone you know on the west coast. I am almost positive you will not find a kind word said.
Last edited by spankytoo; 7/11/09 at 9:35 PM.

7/11/09, 10:10 PM   #2
Re: Indiana - this is a fair warning
micro94

Are these guys racing or watching?Either way I dont see the problem here.If they act up they will get the Indiana treatment.If they are attempting to race they will still get the Indiana treatment.Whats the problem?

7/11/09, 10:29 PM   #3
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

They are in our state to test a pavement midget

7/11/09, 10:38 PM   #4
SprintManDave

If they are as bad as you say, they won't be here long. Indiana won't put up with them either.

7/11/09, 10:42 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

WHo cares?

7/11/09, 10:55 PM   #6
Bluteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankytoo View Post
Sean and Alex Bowman are in Indiana. They are at Gas City as we speak. This family is not nice. They are so bad that while in Quarter Midgets their local tracks, Tucson and Phoenix, kicked them out. Being kicked out of a track is against all of QMA's principals. In the end QMA even realized how unruly they were and would not fight their fight. They ended up having to drive to Los Angeles every weekend to race Quarter Midgets. Then they moved to the Western States USAC Focus. I am sure USAC will not say anything, but all you need to do is contact anyone you know on the west coast. I am almost positive you will not find a kind word said.
I have had the opportunity to interact with Sean & Alex Bowman first hand and can tell you the interaction was anything but negative. While Sean is as intense and passionate as anyone when it comes to what he believes in, he is also fair and the first to lend credit and praise where it is due. He may have been banished to Pomona to race 1/4 midgets with his son(I do not know the story) but I can tell you without a doubt he was diligent in his efforts to save the Pomona club when they were being forced out of their facility. His efforts on AND off the track were and are inspirational, and that's coming from someone who wasn't exactly on his favorite list of people at one time.

I'm not sure what your problem is with the Bowmans, but I can assure those who are reading this that being ostracized by QMA members isn't exactly a good indication of the accused persons character.

One persons opinion(from the West Coast) of a former QMA family(Bowmans) with a bright future,

Ted Hartman

7/11/09, 10:58 PM   #7
sprintsrgr8

Didn't Alex win the DMI Challenge?
I'm not sure what your point is..
I have never met Alex although I did see the Three Wide life show,
He seemed like a very likable kid, I did see him run Manzy a couple of
times before it closed, I must say he looked very smooth in a former Bobby East
Midget.
Maybe there is more to the story but not sure,
just think someone is throwing him under the bus for no reason?
Like I said I do not know them personally, but this just seems to be a bash on
someone!!
I say let them prove themselves then be the judge and jury.

7/11/09, 11:01 PM   #8
bobO

i fail to see any reason for this post at all?? if you are trying to make them look bad ? you made yourself look silly :34; bob parker

2 members like this post: billwill7, Joey Woods
7/11/09, 11:05 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobO View Post
i fail to see any reason for this post at all?? if you are trying to make them look bad ? you made yourself look silly :34; bob parker

7/11/09, 11:48 PM   #10
Joltin Joe

I was a part of the DMS Driver Challenge and i never heard any negative words about Alex or his Father.

Its TOOLS like you that need to be hit with a hammer.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana - this is a fair warning