IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sore loser at Bloomington...
6/6/09, 1:28 PM   #51
Re: Sore loser at Bloomington...
michiganmadman

Thankfully, sprint car racing is not Nascar. Jon was more than entitled to feel the way he did. He is a hammer down racer, and races to win. Personally, I would rather hear a driver's true feelings than a watered down comercial after a race. Over the past few years, Stambrough has been personally responsible for bringing fans to the race track and keeing them coming back. If the 53 is in the house, you know there will be a race.

6/6/09, 1:35 PM   #52
600minisprint
Inactive Member

Michiganmadman WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amen i made first timers. belivers in Jon Stanbrough Racing

6/6/09, 1:42 PM   #53
Flatrightrear

A sore loser is LeBron James after Orlando kicked their butts. Tom

6/6/09, 1:57 PM   #54
Bluteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh View Post
And ya i was really pissed off hell i didnt even want to talk to my mom dad or gf when the race was over.
Ya might want to rethink that strategy on the not talking to the g/f thing. She's the one person that can make things alright later in the night - if ya catch my drift.

6/6/09, 2:00 PM   #55
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600minisprint View Post
I always thought from a fans perspective that Sprint Car drivers are alot mor classier than mods or stocks racers....
I couldn't disagree more. That's the trouble with such a broad generalization. I've met some first rate individuals that happen to race sprint cars. I've also met some very classy and friendly racers in ALL classes. The type of car they race is in no way indicative of their personality.

6/6/09, 2:09 PM   #56
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
I couldn't disagree more. That's the trouble with such a broad generalization. I've met some first rate individuals that happen to race sprint cars. I've also met some very classy and friendly racers in ALL classes. The type of car they race is in no way indicative of their personality.
Here here! Most of em anyway have or had asparations of driving sprints ot LM's or Nascar or Indy but race what they can afford or whats most convienient to race and still pay the bills.

The class of the cars no way eqauals the class of the team or driver.

Chuck, who quite honestly would like to see more truth and as it is than making up something or putting on a smilley face and lying thru your teeth.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/6/09 at 2:11 PM.

6/6/09, 3:13 PM   #57
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600minisprint View Post
Thanx Chris they had a great article there.. racegal i was there for that he really is a great person thats racin what are you gonna do!!!
A Night To Remember!!

6/6/09, 5:03 PM   #58
DruLay20

Quote:
Originally Posted by psullivan View Post
Come on folks -- this is a bit harsh.

Jon came to the front stretch after the race - said congrats to Jeff but said he was too p_____ off and didn't want to talk. What's wrong with that? One of things I like most about Jon is that he wears his emotions for all to see - he is never the most talkative guy even when he is happy. This is grossly unfair - he drove his butt off and I'm sure he thought once he got out front he had it . He didn't stomp around, he didn't cry foul, he didn't blame the racetrack - no - Those of you who were there know exactly who he blames - himself - because like so many great ones he is own harshest critic. Let's get a bit of perspective here.
Not to drag this on, but I have to agree with Pat on this one. I have known Jon for many years and a "class act" does not say enough about the man! He is in the top of my list when it comes to a Gentleman that comands respect both on and off the track! Anyway, it's only my opinion as a "fan." We are off to VCS, hope to see some of you there!

Dru

6/7/09, 8:43 AM   #59
K9Racer

I have had the pleasure of racing against Jon, and worked with him a great deal last year. Jon is a class act. If he accepted losing, he would not be the winner that he is. He is hard on himself takes responsibility for his actions. He calls a spade a spade. It takes a big man to know when to hold his tongue and not say things in the heat of the moment that could come back to bite one in the butt. He races to win and second sucks. Jon will be winning long after you nay sayers are home watching WWF on wheels.
Last edited by K9Racer; 6/7/09 at 8:44 AM. Reason: can't spell

6/7/09, 11:33 AM   #60
a tall Short fan 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38DD View Post
I didn't hear Stanbroughs remarks. However on previous thread they said thier was a slide job. Their was no slide job, Bland Jr. flat drove by him for the win. Congrats Jeffrey and I like the number change as it goes with my bra size... Ha Ha .... BFNB Is Back....
Why did Bland change his number

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sore loser at Bloomington...