IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Sprinter56 (Offline)
  #11 5/10/09 11:47 PM
...I'm glad haubstadt didn't open reds or have a work area if they did we'd have got home at five instead of four!

...I definitely believe in Karma you think Shurenburg did after last night?

...There were two sprint cars there last night with a drivers head completely sticking out of the cage. When i nudged the officials to look at it they didn't do a damn thing! STUPID on both counts..

...Nic Faas is gonna be pretty damn good!

...Clauson took a hell of a hit and no one seemed real concerned about the driver...

...There's some good young shoes out there, but if Clauson's NASCAR deal is struggling, does anyone else have a shot. There's just no more room for rookies right now.
Fullthrottle410 (Offline)
  #12 5/11/09 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Sprinter56:
...I'm glad haubstadt didn't open reds or have a work area if they did we'd have got home at five instead of four!

...There were two sprint cars there last night with a drivers head completely sticking out of the cage. When i nudged the officials to look at it they didn't do a damn thing! STUPID on both counts..

...Clauson took a hell of a hit and no one seemed real concerned about the driver...

...There's some good young shoes out there, but if Clauson's NASCAR deal is struggling, does anyone else have a shot. There's just no more room for rookies right now.
I didn't notice from the stands, but why would anyone even think about driving if their head was sticking out of the cage?

Great night of racing. Tom and crew did a great job considering the ammount of rain the week before.
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #13 5/11/09 2:52 PM
Originally Posted by Fullthrottle410:
Why would anyone even think about driving if their head was sticking out of the cage?
I've noticed this a number of times. It makes about as much sense as racing without fire retardant gloves, but there are a number of drivers who do that, as well.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
TRUCKER D (Offline)
  #14 5/11/09 4:01 PM
Originally Posted by Sprinter56:

If you are speaking of the wreck last weekend with hunter and ballue(spelling) that was a racing deal it happens watch the video. There was no reason the 15 got into to him just drove right over the top of hunter absolutly inexusualbe. It should of been fixed when they resarted the race but that did not happen in my eyes they never got a lap in
addicted (Offline)
  #15 5/11/09 4:26 PM
How about everytime that the flagman at Kokomo throws a premature yellow they give everyone in the stands a beer?!!!! That would give everyone in the stands a couple beers a week at the rate he is going!!!!
Big Willy (Offline)
  #16 5/11/09 4:32 PM
JMO - I would like to see the rule amended for only the initial start of the race. After a lap is oficially scored you should be done if the car has to leave the race track. The line ups after a stoppage are always a pain but the drivers need to get in single file ASAP. The drivers have to remember that scoring will not allow the race to resume without cars in their proper position so even if you have to fall in line a couple of spots behind where you know you belong they should just do so to allow the track help to get them in their proper places more quickly.
service manager (Offline)
  #17 5/11/09 5:07 PM
Hey, Addicted how many races have you flaged or worked as a track spoter or saftey crew? Last night at Kokomo if you let Hunter set there in the track sideways and he kept getting hit with Coleman having him right in his sites and lined up for a t-bone wreck! Its damn if you do and damn if you dont with the yellow. Because as soon as he gets hit sideways and hurt you would be one of the first ones B----ING! Thats our main concern is driver's saftey and always will be! Let me know what track you work at or flag at and we will have to come and see how good you are.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #18 5/11/09 8:24 PM
Originally Posted by Fullthrottle410:
I didn't notice from the stands, but why would anyone even think about driving if their head was sticking out of the cage?

Great night of racing. Tom and crew did a great job considering the ammount of rain the week before.
Guess you never seen Sheldon Kinser, He drove whole races looking over the cage

Charles Nungester
lazyifoto (Offline)
  #19 5/12/09 5:20 AM
Originally Posted by addicted:
How about everytime that the flagman at Kokomo throws a premature yellow they give everyone in the stands a beer?!!!! That would give everyone in the stands a couple beers a week at the rate he is going!!!!
He!! . the Burg has TWO (2) flaggers a real one and a want to be jr. flagger.....Is it just me or is TWO (2) too many????The one younger one to me is a real distraction..Anyone else would be told to sit down or leave whats up with this?????
cecil98 (Offline)
  #20 5/12/09 6:29 AM
Originally Posted by lazyifoto:
He!! . the Burg has TWO (2) flaggers a real one and a want to be jr. flagger.....Is it just me or is TWO (2) too many????The one younger one to me is a real distraction..Anyone else would be told to sit down or leave whats up with this?????
the kid started doing this when he was little with toy flags and over the years has has accumulated a set of real flags. I don't think it's a problem, though. When my son is racing, I watch from the back straight and I watch the kid flagging. He immulates the official flagman exactly and is always in sync. That being the case, he's not confusing the drivers. I say let him have his glory! He's a race fan because of it.