IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC schedule for google calendar
12/30/08, 12:14 PM   #1
USAC schedule for google calendar
mikew

I took the USAC schedule and played around with it in Google calendar. I know they have an ical version that you can download, but it didn't seem to be formatted well for Google's calendar app.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, point your browser to http://www.google.com/calendar and search the public calendars for "Racing - USAC".

I assigned a start time of 6pm for all night races and noon for all day races. Obviously, tracks don't all do things the same way, so times will vary.

For simplicity, races are shown on the main page as "6p M - Lawrenceburg". M stands for Midgets, S for Sprints, C for Silver Crown. Each event includes a long form description when you click on it as well.

Also, if you are interested, I also created the following schedules and made them public, so just search for them in the public calendars and add them to your calendar.

Racing - IndyCar
Racing - ALMS
Racing - F1

All TV information is given for US only.

I will create another one for MSCS when they release their full schedule.

12/30/08, 2:29 PM   #2
Re: USAC schedule for google calendar
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Thanks for share'n ur calender setup with us all!!....

12/30/08, 4:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew View Post
I took the USAC schedule and played around with it in Google calendar. I know they have an ical version that you can download, but it didn't seem to be formatted well for Google's calendar app.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, point your browser to http://www.google.com/calendar and search the public calendars for "Racing - USAC".

I assigned a start time of 6pm for all night races and noon for all day races. Obviously, tracks don't all do things the same way, so times will vary.

For simplicity, races are shown on the main page as "6p M - Lawrenceburg". M stands for Midgets, S for Sprints, C for Silver Crown. Each event includes a long form description when you click on it as well.

Also, if you are interested, I also created the following schedules and made them public, so just search for them in the public calendars and add them to your calendar.

Racing - IndyCar
Racing - ALMS
Racing - F1

All TV information is given for US only.

I will create another one for MSCS when they release their full schedule.
Is there anyway you can do iCal files of the USAC schedules?

The USAC site has them but haven't updated with 2009 yet.

12/30/08, 5:00 PM   #4
hoosierhillbilly

If you look around on Google they have an application that will sync your Google Calender to your Microsoft Outlook Calender and vise versa. It is a nice application.

12/30/08, 6:26 PM   #5
mikew

You can open this calendar in your google calendars, go to settings and export the calendar to .ics (ical) format.

Then you open it into whatever ical application you want

1/21/09, 1:23 AM   #6
D.O.

:dologob:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC schedule for google calendar