IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Quantrill (Offline)
  #1 6/7/14 4:11 PM
Anyone using a midget style laydown radiator in a mini sprint 1000cc motor? I have used these in a mech. injection water cooled motor but it would not work on a newer 1000cc motor. Looks like my current radiator has seen better days and I have never liked its location and would like to go back to a laydown style, just not sure what size radiator to use? I have a limited amount of space.

Thanks in advance
RoyaltonMiniSprint (Offline)
  #2 6/8/14 11:16 AM
Got one on my car Mark I will e-mail you pictures!!!
DAD (Offline)
  #3 6/11/14 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Quantrill:
Anyone using a midget style laydown radiator in a mini sprint 1000cc motor? I have used these in a mech. injection water cooled motor but it would not work on a newer 1000cc motor. Looks like my current radiator has seen better days and I have never liked its location and would like to go back to a laydown style, just not sure what size radiator to use? I have a limited amount of space.

Thanks in advance
Mark

I would PM Joe Liguori. He and Lndsey ran one on a ZX10 mini sprint for several years with no problems. Joe being a radiator guy could probably get you a pretty good deal on one.

Honest Dad himself
jjones752 (Offline)
  #4 6/11/14 10:27 AM
If you use a Spike-style radiator tray and make sure you don't have the inlet scoop blocked and you have adequate exhausting over the top and out the back of the nose piece I don't see why you couldn't get it to work.
I know it's not the same but I have the cooler for my old oil-cooled GSXR mounted in a Spike tray under a TQ Fiberglass nose and I've yet to have a single cooling issue. It's been proven that a properly shrouded and ducted radiator is way more efficient than one that's just hanging in the breeze...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97