IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Carber crowned rookie of the year
1/29/14, 4:24 PM   #1
Carber crowned rookie of the year
openwheelmg

Pipersville, PA - January 22, 2014 - Out of every driver in the country who put their foot on the loud pedal of a 360 sprint car this year, there was one who stood out from the rest. Not only was the 19 year old sprint car standout named the URC Sprint Sprint Series Rookie of the Year, but Brian Carber was also crowned as the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame 360 Sprint Rookie of the Year.

Despite this being Carber’s first season in a 360 sprint car, it was hard for fans and crews to decipher whether the young driver was a rookie or a veteran. In only 17 starts with the URC Sprint Series, Carber was able to capture one win at New Egypt Speedway and rack up 8 top-fives and 13 top-tens. The Carber Motorsports entry also led the URC points series for much of the season before rounding out the season in 5th place.

“I am just so thankful that our first season went as smoothly as it did. I am honored that both URC and the Hall of Fame chose me for their rookie of the year awards.” Carber continued, “I have to thank everyone who helped out this year because with out them this would not have been possible.”

For 2014 Carber has even more help from sprint car crew chief Guy Howie. Together they are going after the URC Sprint Series points title while running a limited schedule in the 410 sprint car division.

“The opportunity to work together with Guy is something that I am really looking forward to. The knowledge that he can bring to the table is something that I is going to set us apart from the competition. The fact that I will now be able to focus more on driving and less on setting up my own equipment is only going to help me improve as a driver.”

Be on the look out for more information regarding Carber’s 2014 racing season and for live updates be sure to follow him on twitter @BrianCarber_

O P E N W H E E L M E D I A G R O U P
openwheelmg.com

2 members like this post: davidm, Ty
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Carber crowned rookie of the year