IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
PatrickMead#13 (Offline)
  #1 5/7/13 9:10 PM
Would going to a completely stock fuel injected 2011 Honda 1000rr hold up well? Do the Hondas have any oil supply issues? Thank you for any help & or advice.

Posted via Mobile Device
darnall (Offline)
  #2 5/8/13 9:41 AM
I have a buddy who uses a stock honda on gas, but Im pretty sure his is an 08..

He did a small oilpan mod to it and has had no problems whatsoever with oiling...he did have to re-think his cooling system a bit...first 2 races he got it way way way too hot...I don't remember if he went to a bigger radiator or changed the mounting or made some better ductwork...maybe put a restrictor in it to keep the water in the radiator longer...but once he did fix his cooling system that thing has been bulletproof and fast..I think he won the first 3 features he ran once he fixed the cooling, against a field full of guhl alky injected cars.
97juicedgmc (Offline)
  #3 5/8/13 9:44 AM
From what ive heard they make the least power of them all .... a guy we raced with had a 08 cbr 1000 motor said it was gutless dont know how much they changed since 08 but i think everyone stays away from the hondas .... probably for a reason!

Posted via Mobile Device
buckshot3448 (Offline)
  #4 5/10/13 10:32 AM
Im not a fan of the hondas. Like they said above they are low on power and just dont seem as stout as a yamaha or suzuki. Now if your stepping up from a old oil cooled engine i think your better off then running them yes. I dont know much about the oil issue though
PatrickMead#13 (Offline)
  #5 5/10/13 3:15 PM
That's kinda the plan. I currently run a carb'd 1992 gsxr1100 on pump gas. Strong motor but she's starting to get tired. Just looking at options at this point.

Posted via Mobile Device
buckshot3448 (Offline)
  #6 5/10/13 7:03 PM
i would do it then. if you can find a suzuki or a yamaha though thats your better option but either way i think you'll be happier then with what you got
MC@Performance Fab (Offline)
  #7 5/11/13 1:55 PM
The 2010 CBR motors have a lot more balls then the 07. Building an intake for one at the moment for a minisprint owner.
RoyaltonMiniSprint (Offline)
  #8 5/12/13 1:22 AM
I got a 07 Honda with Engler mechanical injection I think mine will be just fine (I hope)!!!
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #9 5/12/13 10:30 AM
I run an 06 CBR1000rr on gas. It doesn't have the HP the others have, but the torque is better than them all. If its a small track, it's a beast off the corners. It starts right up and runs great every time and I have no leaks or overheating problems. I'm told the Hondas will last longer too...but I'm waiting to see how long that is.

Posted via Mobile Device
MC@Performance Fab (Offline)
  #10 5/13/13 11:13 PM
I built an intake for a 07 CBR early this year for a customer running a small 1/4 mile track with next to no banking. Designed a package for that type track that dynoed at 10HP and 13 FT TQ over stock. Bang for buck that $650 spent is dam hard to beat.