IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #1 8/18/12 10:43 PM
30 non wingers

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 7:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:57 PM ----------

Heat1 Westfall myers c hewitt wolters

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 7:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:43 PM ----------

2 hall brecht dunlap hastings

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 7:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:48 PM ----------

3 henning simon nelson rhoades

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 8:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:56 PM ----------

4 beaber keen hewitt klatte

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 9:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:01 PM ----------

Jack hewitt said he is racing in the hewitt classic sept 16.

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 9:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:09 PM ----------

B 1 dobie miller

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 9:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:33 PM ----------

B 2 snead callicoat

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:38 PM ----------

14 down. D hewitt hall Westfall henning Simon

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Westfall brecht d hewitt henning hall

Posted via Mobile Device
8 Likes: crawfordsville410fans, Gregg, midgy, Mud Packer, MWestfallfan54, Russ, STIDA.com, TNRustler
MWestfallfan54 (Offline)
  #2 8/19/12 11:17 AM
Matt won the sprint and modified last night!
Will Shunk (Offline)
  #3 8/19/12 7:47 PM
Great job by Westfall doubling up in non wing and modifieds. Dallas Hewitt was the show as he ran the very top in the lead for most of the non wing feature. One slip in the cushion on the last restart dropped him to third. Well done Dallas!
2 Likes: MWestfallfan54
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #4 8/20/12 9:57 AM
Looking at the time line from the updates, it shows the final post at 10:43 PM. Was this the last feature of the night or the first? I know that they run 6 classes and normally still end fairly early. Still trying to gauge the length of the program for the Jack Hewitt Classic.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
WRP DK (Offline)
  #5 8/20/12 12:17 PM
This was the 3rd A-Main of the night. Now in all fairness, we had a meet the drivers night that we took 35 minutes break for just before the B-mains. Our general average finishing time for the complete 6 class event has been 11:15pm this season. That being said, we are going to start the Hewitt Classic 1 hour earlier and we are only running 4 classes that night. I will also put the Hewitt race either 1st or 2nd on the event order. Should be an awesome night especially with Jack's comments during the meet the drivers part of the evening. Hope to see you there.
double checkered (Offline)
  #6 8/20/12 1:05 PM
18 hot lap sessions, 16 heat races, 35 minute intermission, 2 b mains and 7 features. I think racing was done just after 12.

Jeremy

Posted via Mobile Device
kb78 (Offline)
  #7 8/20/12 5:53 PM
It was a good show again at Waynesfield, the track was great for the features.
One thing, I will never in a hundred years understand the point of 2 6 car B-mains. 1 Consi would have been just fine with 12 cars, I just don't understand this concept.
DunaganRacing (Offline)
  #8 8/20/12 6:10 PM
Originally Posted by kb78:
It was a good show again at Waynesfield, the track was great for the features.
One thing, I will never in a hundred years understand the point of 2 6 car B-mains. 1 Consi would have been just fine with 12 cars, I just don't understand this concept.
I understand it, start 6th and pass 5 cars or start 12th and have to pass 10? Two B mains prob help a good car that broke in the heat start on the tail of a consi and still make the show. It's 6 of one or half dozen of another concept but either way I understand it.

Posted via Mobile Device
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #9 8/20/12 6:18 PM
Same here KB, The 2 & 3 b-mains is just stupid, Go back to the old days & run it like the alphabet D's & C's if needed. Waynesfield needs to put someone in charge of car counts & run heats accordingly. Cars that run the C tags the B & if ya have to tack on 5 laps or so in the B to give them guys a chance to move up, That simple. I went to La Salle, Il. last night. They had 3 divisions & I was walking out the gate at 10pm. Wolters & Cody Hewitt came out & ran. Talked to them, Wilson & Jack Hewitt a little.