IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > King of Wings at Oswego Speedway
7/8/12, 10:01 AM   #1
King of Wings at Oswego Speedway
IndyBound

Last night saw DaveGruel climb behind the wheel of the Miller Sweet 16 when Paul White had work commitments keep him away from Oswego. An the rest is history, Gruel piloted the Miller Sweet 16 to victory lane. Gruel dominate the race which saw the caution flag fly on lap 28, for the 70 of Dave Mcknight, 77 of Joe Gosek, 08 of Moe Lije and 28 of Jeff Hollbrook in turn 2, the cars were brought to a stop on the front stretch due to the track being blocked.

When the checker flag flew Gruel beat Johnny Benson, Charlie Schultz, Lou Cicconi and Tim Jedrzejek to round out the top five. They were followed by Mark Sammuit, Ben Seitz, Bob Bond and Sondi Eden in 9th, this young lady impressed me earlier this year at Winchester and did again yesterday running in both the super and sprint divisions. I believe it was her first time ever running at Oswego or with ISMA and to come away with a top ten finish is respectable. Tenth was Bobby Dawson followed by Jamie Timmons, Craig Rayvals, Jeff Locke, Jason Spaulding, Bobby Magner, Moe Lije, Dave McKnight, Joe Gosek, Jeff Hollbrook, Mike Lichty, Time Ice, Randy Ritskes, Rob Summers, Michael Barnes.

Patti
Last edited by IndyBound; 7/8/12 at 7:58 PM.

4 members like this post: ASPHALT24, Mud Packer, PJ Wright, racegal
7/8/12, 10:43 AM   #2
Re: King of Wings at Oswego Speedway
ASPHALT24

Thanks for the report Patti. How was the crowd? I saw on radar a bunch of storms blew through the area earlier in the day. Hope they had a good crowd.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
7/8/12, 7:55 PM   #3
Re: King of Wings at Oswego Speedway
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPHALT24 View Post
Thanks for the report Patti. How was the crowd? I saw on radar a bunch of storms blew through the area earlier in the day. Hope they had a good crowd.
They had a great crowd, as Sharon Banks posted in another post she had a hard time finding a general admision seat.

Steph and I had a chance to visit with your sister yesterday, it was good seeing her.

What the weather effected was the Old Timers Reunion, they had less antique cars than usual and it seemed to be a little slower in getting going even though it was moved to an indoor venue last year. But there was a great group of people turn out, sorry you and you Mom couldn't make the trip.

Patti

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > King of Wings at Oswego Speedway