IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2011 HOSS "Gold Cup" Event - Baer Field
6/23/11, 4:42 PM   #1
2011 HOSS "Gold Cup" Event - Baer Field
racermac1988

Tomorrow night's Hoosier Outlaw Sprint Series "Gold Cup" event will have an internet radio stream via the "Indiana Tech Sports Network"

http://client.stretchinternet.com/cl...natech.portal#

ITSN will be streaming all the action from the HOSS, as well as all the other track divisions in action.

6/23/11, 4:44 PM   #2
Re: 2011 HOSS "Gold Cup" Event - Baer Field
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Sorry, I won't be able to listen. I plan on having my butt in a seat watching it live.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/23/11, 7:47 PM   #3
rkbrewer83

I'll also have by carcass resting in the bleachers! Get to watch the "Mad Bomber" and his firework show, too. He was pretty crazy last year; should be a great night.

6/23/11, 11:36 PM   #4
Mud Packer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbrewer83 View Post
I'll also have by carcass resting in the bleachers! Get to watch the "Mad Bomber" and his firework show, too. He was pretty crazy last year; should be a great night.
We are certainly looking forward to it. Thanks for mentioning the Mad Bomber, I completely forgot about the fireworks show. He always does a great job.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/24/11, 10:14 PM   #5
Mud Packer

Can anyone share what happened at Baer Field this evening? We arrived as everyone was leaving. It wasn't raining and it looked like they had a very good crowd. Nothing on the website except it was postponed and the HOSS sprints won't be back due to a scheduling conflict. The only scheduling conflict I could see was the MSRXSS is scheduled for tomorrow evening and I believe that they use HOSS officials. Seems rather strange.

6/24/11, 11:20 PM   #6
billm233

Race Count This Year: 00
Race Count Last Year: 29

My wife and I arrived at Baer Field Speedway at about 4PM this afternoon. We paid the $18.00 admission for this "Gold Cup Event" hoping for a great night of racing. In the past this race has featured winged sprint cars and a touring stock car group. This year HOSS was the sprint car sanctioning body and the rest of the program was basically a weekly Baer Field Speedway show.

They did get hot laps in and some qualifications in before it rained the first time. A short delay followed for some track work and qualifications resumed. Then it rained a second time. People were still coming in even as it was raining. We started to hear that the local TV stations were announcing that the race had been called. The track had still not made any official announcement saying that the event was postponed. Eventually they did make the anouncement and also stated the sprint cars would not be back on Saturday night for the rain date.

To bad we can't control the weather. It has been a tough year getting a race in. Bad enough Mother Nature won again tonight, but it really was a shame that only 11 winged sprint cars showed up for this race. Baer Field Speedway has had on their web site that the rain date for this event would be on Saturday June 25. I feel that it is kinda hard to have a rain date for an event when the feature attraction of the sprint cars won't be a part of the program. I always thought that when a rain date is announced that is the only time your rain check will be honored. It would appear that all the players involved didn't have their ducks in a row when a rain date had been announced and the show that I paid to see won't race on the rain date.

I have been going to races for many years now, and nobody wins on a deal like this. It is very hard to please people. There is always somebody that feels like they that got ripped.

I have been to several asphalt winged sprint car races this year (most have been rained out) and the car have been low. High fuel prices, a bad economy and crappy weather have not helped this. I think asphalt winged sprint car racing has some problems that most race fans know nothing about. Last year the Must See group and HOSS worked together. I was under the impression that is not the case this year. I don't know how three sactioning bodies for the winged asphalt sprint cars is going to work to much longer.

Bill Miller
Ossian, Indiana

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
6/25/11, 2:10 AM   #7
rkbrewer83

I also arrived just as everyone was leaving the track. I tried to wait it out as long as possible, and for once it paid off for me. I had no idea the sprints would not race Saturday if Friday got rained out. That truly is a bummer for those who paid admission already. Still, the weekly racers put on a good show and the mad bomber is truly mad. I'll still be there Saturday!

6/30/11, 1:52 PM   #8
racermac1988

Considering that only 11 sprint cars showed up to run the Friday show, track officials and series officials then met up in the pits to see who would be able to come back the next day. Of the 11, only 8 of them could make the return trip the next day seeing as how the other three had other commitments. From there the decision was made not to bring the sprints back. It is a little hard to put on a show on a track's biggest night of the year when its featured attraction does not even come with 1/2 a field. The racing with HOSS is always spectacular, but tough times definitely lie ahead in winged pavement racing.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2011 HOSS "Gold Cup" Event - Baer Field