IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gold crown series?
5/3/11, 11:57 AM   #1
Gold crown series?

The one based on the old new-generation silver crown cars...Is it dead or will it ever happen?

5/3/11, 12:01 PM   #2
Re: Gold crown series?
racerjim2

Hard to keep up with. Adam, are you racing this year?

5/3/11, 12:27 PM   #3
Seadog

Who knows? There is sporadic info on the website.

http://www.goldcrownchampionship.com/

5/3/11, 12:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjim2 View Post
Hard to keep up with. Adam, are you racing this year?
Tried to sell out-sold some small stuff and truck & trailer. Had a deposit on car and motor, but they backed out. So changed things up a little... even though gas prices are stupid, I decided if I can race 6-8 times and do it with decent stuff and tires, I will. Back to the open trailer and pickup, and just gonna run non-winged stuff. I've had a few decent runs at the 'Burg and liked it, so want to concentrate on that for a while before I wind up giving in and selling. Plan to run a few times at the 'Burg, and most or all of Aaron Fry's BOSS non-winged series. Hard to drive a couple hours when KC is 15-20 miles away, but not paying points money to any classes last year, after making sprints run the goodyears for points money, kind of leaves a rotten taste in your mouth. I love the new 'Burg and what Dave does there and how it's run, so I like to support them when I can. Since then, I've had a lot of people tell me they're thrilled to hear that the old #65 will still be around southern Ohio- more than I could have ever imagined. Never was tired of racing, just the grind and constant money hunt! So I'll keep plugging away and race when I can do it with decent stuff- if that's once a month or so, I guess that's OK. Of course, I would love to drive for someone else (who wouldn't), or possibly bring my motor to a team and combine resources-winged or non-winged.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
5/3/11, 1:03 PM   #5
racerjim2

I'd really like to see Aaron's wingless thing go but it's gonna be a tough uphill battle with gas prices especially. I can't undertand the KC deal at all. He kicks the drivers in the balls after they did everything they did for him. And still the racers come back. Glad to hear #65 will be out a few times.

5/3/11, 1:16 PM   #6

I don't doubt there were tough decisions to be made to be able to keep the doors open there-I think most guys would have probably understood-to a point. But when the banquet suddenly disappears from the website 2 weeks beforehand and nothing is said or no calls are made all spring to any drivers-that just infuriates everyone and makes everyone wonder what's going on. Finally sent out a paper late March/early April saying that he needed to get the season going to generate some funds to pay points from last year. And this was only after several drivers were dragging him through the mud pretty bad on the message boards. I'm sure the tracks are mostly the same as the racers-racing season is for spending money-not making it, so that statement holds very little water to me. He's done a lot of good things to this point, and it's not that I'm boycotting KC, but now no one knows what to expect, and they're back to a 8-10 race schedule like Niers had.
Last edited by 6565; 5/3/11 at 1:18 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gold crown series?