IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Las Vegas INDY CAR World Championships
4/1/11, 3:13 PM   #1
Las Vegas INDY CAR World Championships
OLDMIKE

This is a copy of the e-mail I sent to INDYCAR on March 28, 2011:

"Good Afternoon;

I have been purchasing tickets and attending the Indianapolis 500 since 1980. Likewise, I have purchased tickets and attended the races at Mid-Ohio since the Indy Cars have returned to the track. In addition, I have attended the races at Michigan, Belle Isle and Watkins Glen. Prior to unification, I attended races at Cleveland, Milwaukee and Road American. Going way back to the USAC days, I attended races at Pocono and Donneybrook.

Today I called 1-866- INDYCAR to obtain information on obtaining complimentary tickets for the Las Vegas Indy Car World Championships. I was told the my Indy 500 tickets were not eligible for the program. I understand that the program is limited to the first 80,000 tickets. Judging from the crowd at St. Petersburg, the tickets will be exhausted by the time I go to Mid-Ohio in August. Also I was told that the complimentary tickets are only for qualifying and I would have to purchase tickets for race day.

Is this information correct? What am I missing?"

As of today, April 1, I have not received a response from INDYCAR. The web site for INDyCAR states to call 1-866-INDY-CAR for any questions about the free tickets. So I called again today. The number connects you to the Las Vegas Speedway. The woman who finally answered the phone stated that she knew NOTHING about any complimentary tickets to the race.

It appears INDYCAR is going the way of NASCAR: all marketing and total indifference to long time fans.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Las Vegas INDY CAR World Championships