IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MTQRL at Marion County Fair Monday July 26th
7/22/10, 8:06 PM   #1
MTQRL at Marion County Fair Monday July 26th
Sandy Lowe

The Midwest TQ Racing League™ presented by Vincennes University reaches the halfway point of its 2010 racing season on July 26th with a stop at the Marion County Fair in Indianapolis, Ind. Monday’s race marks the first ever appearance of the MTQRL three-quarter midgets at the fairgrounds located in the southeast corner of Marion County at the intersection of I-465 and I-74.

Defending champion Tate Martz sits atop the current standings with a 157 point lead over rookie CJ Leary. Leary, who won the first TQ feature of his career on July 4th at Rushville, is embroiled in a close 2 point battle with Jason Willis for second place.

In addition to Leary other feature winners this season have been Martz (twice), Willis (twice), Tim Lynch, Nick Speidel, and Jason Knoke who won this past Friday at the Jefferson County Fair in Madison, Ind.

Leary leads Caleb Faulkner in the Tony Stewart Racing Rookie of the Year standings and Martz holds the advantage over Willis in the Tony Stewart Foundation Leader of the Pack Challenge leading 48 laps to Willis’ 36.

Martz also leads in the Ward’s Apparel Hard Charger standings with 38 feature passes to Jamie Ross’ 30 and Leary’s 29. With three straight Duel wins Willis has now closed to within 3 points of Martz in the Jackson Oil & Solvents Duel for Fuel standings.
Monday July 26th ~ Marion County Fair
Marion County Fairgrounds
7300 E. Troy Avenue
Indianapolis, Indiana 46236

Pit Gate Opens ~ 3:00 pm
Grandstands Open ~ 5:00 pm
Practice ~ 6:00 pm
Qualifications ~ 6:30 pm
Racing Begins ~ 7:15 pm

General Admission $8 adults ~ $5 children
For more information www.mtqrl.com.

2 members like this post: scooter99, Xflagman
7/24/10, 9:03 AM   #2
Re: MTQRL at Marion County Fair Monday July 2
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
The Midwest TQ Racing League™ presented by Vincennes University reaches the halfway point of its 2010 racing season on July 26th with a stop at the Marion County Fair in Indianapolis, Ind. Monday’s race marks the first ever appearance of the MTQRL three-quarter midgets at the fairgrounds located in the southeast corner of Marion County at the intersection of I-465 and I-74.

Defending champion Tate Martz sits atop the current standings with a 157 point lead over rookie CJ Leary. Leary, who won the first TQ feature of his career on July 4th at Rushville, is embroiled in a close 2 point battle with Jason Willis for second place.

In addition to Leary other feature winners this season have been Martz (twice), Willis (twice), Tim Lynch, Nick Speidel, and Jason Knoke who won this past Friday at the Jefferson County Fair in Madison, Ind.

Leary leads Caleb Faulkner in the Tony Stewart Racing Rookie of the Year standings and Martz holds the advantage over Willis in the Tony Stewart Foundation Leader of the Pack Challenge leading 48 laps to Willis’ 36.

Martz also leads in the Ward’s Apparel Hard Charger standings with 38 feature passes to Jamie Ross’ 30 and Leary’s 29. With three straight Duel wins Willis has now closed to within 3 points of Martz in the Jackson Oil & Solvents Duel for Fuel standings.
Monday July 26th ~ Marion County Fair
Marion County Fairgrounds
7300 E. Troy Avenue
Indianapolis, Indiana 46236

Pit Gate Opens ~ 3:00 pm
Grandstands Open ~ 5:00 pm
Practice ~ 6:00 pm
Qualifications ~ 6:30 pm
Racing Begins ~ 7:15 pm

General Admission $8 adults ~ $5 children
For more information www.mtqrl.com.
Sandy, if you could just arrange for some cooler temps, and lower humidity, we could pack the house! Don't know yet who'll be in the seat of the "Ebay Special" yet, may be Matt, may be Kyle, guess we"ll just wait and see, Kyle is outa State again, but maybe too far this time, to get back in time. See ya all there, just wish we knew more about the track, but one thing about it, it'll be the same for everyone, NEW! Bob

7/24/10, 9:43 AM   #3
nowings4me

A chance to make history for the team that wins at Marion County. First TQ race ever at that track. Should be lots of fun, the pictures I have seen of the track look awesome. It will be fun to see who "guesses" right on the set-up.

7/24/10, 11:12 AM   #4
racerjim2

Just hope the weather cooperates.

7/24/10, 12:50 PM   #5
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjim2 View Post
Just hope the weather cooperates.
I've been searching the internet, trying to find some info, it is a flat semi oval, MC track, they say 500cc motorcycles turn 4 laps, in 50 seconds, but nothing about size, there are some videos on there, of the racing, which gives some idea of size, and shape, I'm guessing if you ran Madison, you'll be close on gear, just a wild guess, but not anything like some of the guestimates I've heard. Bob:2:
Last edited by TQ29m; 7/24/10 at 2:17 PM.

7/24/10, 1:16 PM   #6
Sandy Lowe

Try this link for the Mid-America Speedway — http://midamspeedway.com/

Wunderground says partly cloudy, highs in the upper 80's and low around 70 with only a 20% chance of thunderstorms on Monday. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a night of good weather and great racing at the Marion County Fair.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
7/25/10, 7:13 PM   #7
TQ29m

Looks like the weather person is gonna co-operate, guess we had at least the opportunity for a couple of celeb's to drive, but both had commitments on Monday, maybe the plan will come together next year, Sarah Fisher, and Tony Stewart both had big cans of "whoop ass" ready, but were called to other obligations, but, we'll have a fun evening anyway. Looks like I'll be having a new butt in the seat of the 29m, Kyle has decided to not try the same driving challange he did last week, so we'll see who show's up. See ya all tomorrow nite, who all is coming, and will our onery flagger be there? Bob

7/25/10, 8:31 PM   #8
racerjim2

I think the flagger is broke down on his mower someplace. So if he was planning on riding it over he may be grounded.

A Monday night may be hard to find enough drivers available. Tell ya what Bob if you'll let me drive the #29m you can drive the #2w.:2:

7/25/10, 8:53 PM   #9
speidel21

Jim, don't tempt Bob too much. He got out last year and hot lapped at Greensburg in the 29m car

7/26/10, 8:41 AM   #10
TQ29m

I was hopin you wouldn't bring that up, Nick, and Kyle won't let me borrow his helmet, just to keep me out of it. See ya all after bit! Bob

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MTQRL at Marion County Fair Monday July 26th