IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > special thanks to IOW member,,
10/8/07, 6:08 AM   #1
special thanks to IOW member,,
tjtomthumb

I send a special "Thank You" to the IOW member that came up and visited with me Friday night at Gas City-I69 Speedway. He knew I was involved with DARF in the past and collected a lot of merchandise for their annual Wally Scherer/DARF Injured Driver Benevolent Fund Auction last year.

He donated $40.00 cash to the Injured Driver Fund but wishes not to have his name listed. Also "Thank You" to Gas City-I69 Speedway for the bag full of shirts, hat & Gas City license plate. This event will be coming up in a couple weeks as it is always held the 4th Tuesday of October. This year it will be held at The Flats, Jackass Flats at the intersection of Rip Rap Rd. and Fishburg Rd. in Dayton, Ohio

http://www.jaflats.com

with the doors opening at 6:00PM and a brief meeting & the auction beginning at 7:00 PM.

This fund is used to help a driver and their family if they happen to be injured at a track that host's DARF nights for club members or to a driver that donates items for the auction.

So if there is anyone that would like to donate to this years auction you can reach me at tjtomthumb@hotmail.com and I will help get your items or cash donation to the club and list your donations in a later post.

This could be very important to drivers and teams as last year I went around to all the teams at the 4Crown@Eldora, the final $10,000 to win MSCS show@Lawrenceburg, and the UMP Nationals@Eldora Speedway. I believe we ended up paying out an added $2250.00 to driver's that donated items to me at these events and were injured at tracks that did not host DARF dates and would not have normally been approached by the club for assistance after their injuries. That made all the extra work and walking well worth it. Due to health reasons I was not able to walk the pits as I did last year and am not no longer an officer of the club, but as I said, any of you wishing to donate this year please e-mail me and I will help you get your donations to the right place.
:thumb:

Thank You,, TOM

10/8/07, 8:40 PM   #2
Re: special thanks to IOW member,,
tjtomthumb

some of the items that will be at this years auction,,,

Jack Sprague autographed crew shirt
DARF shirt signed by all the late model drivers at Shadybowl Pepsi 75
DARF shirt signed by "Heroes of the Past" Dirt and Asphalt
Kenny Wallace "Inside Herman's World" book, 3 total 1 autographed
Hoosier items
Don Thompson Literature
Aerial photo's of Eldora
Photo of Earl & Bernice Baltes at the 2005 awards banquet
New Breman Speedway Photos
Autographed items from: Todd Bowsher, Arin McIntosh, Randy Korte, Bill Rose, Paul May, Danny Smith, Ed Lynch Jr., Rick Ferkle, Shawn Stewart, Jimmy Stinson, Kevin Huntley, Luke Hall, Dean Jacobs, Lee Stark & Jack Hewitt, Dave Blaney, Kenny Wallace, Darrell Waltrip, Ken Schrader
Other items include: Die cast cars, magazines, posters, hats, banners, plaques, pictures, Kasey Kahne cardboard standup, US Army items

2/7/08, 11:42 PM   #3
gregshobe

This is Greg Shobe from Waynesfield Raceway. I am needing to speak to Tom Thumb. If someone could give me a phone number or e-mail address to get ahold of him, or have him call 419-568-3201, that would be great! Thanks!

2/8/08, 8:21 AM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Greg,

I sent Tom a PM so hopefully he will be getting in contact with you.

Mike

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > special thanks to IOW member,,