IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > An open letter to the racing gods
6/21/11, 12:20 PM   #1
An open letter to the racing gods
deannalynn

With deep respect and humility I seek your guidance and blessing as I write this book concerning the economic state of American open wheel racing. You recently sent a person to me who bragged about having lengthy discussions with A.J. Foyt. This man worked for an IZOD IndyCar team and bragged about recently 'infiltrating and influencing' the series by following certain decision makers outside to smoke with them, chat with them, etc. I was deeply troubled when this man told me he had never heard of USAC. My stomach got even queasier when he told me that he had only been involved with racing for 4 years and had been a Hollywood writer small business owner in his previous career.

May I know how many others like him are influencing decisions on 16th street? Men and women like him, who have come in as friends of wealthy Europeans who wake up one morning and decide they want to own an Indycar team. How many people walk around the IMS garage in May, collecting checks from IZOD, Indycar, or teams and have limited knowledge or respect for American open wheel racing?

Perhaps you will not answer my question. Perhaps knowing their numbers or relative power will discourage me from writing my book. Everything happens for a reason. I just hope you're with me in spirit, and this book makes you happy racing gods.

P.S. I understand that A.J. Foyt loved the Gold Crown Cars. Where can I find a quote regarding this?
P.P.S. Thank you for Bobby East's middle finger.
Last edited by deannalynn; 6/22/11 at 9:34 PM.

6/21/11, 12:36 PM   #2
Re: An open letter to the racing gods
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Are you on meds?

6/21/11, 2:57 PM   #3
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
Are you on meds?
If the water in Indiana is medicated, then apparently so. Have you been drinking imported water?

And thank you, AERO, for your interest
Last edited by deannalynn; 6/21/11 at 3:16 PM.

6/21/11, 4:53 PM   #4
hoosier sprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
With deep respect and humility I seek your guidance and blessing as I write this book concerning economics and political state of American open wheel racing. You recently sent a person to me who bragged about having lengthy, private audiences with A.J. Foyt. This man worked for an IZOD IndyCar team and bragged about recently 'infiltrating and influencing' the series by following certain decision makers outside to smoke with them, chat with them, etc. I was deeply troubled when this man told me he had never heard of USAC. My stomach got even queasier when he told me that he had only been involved with racing for 4 years and had been a Hollywood writer small business owner in his previous career.

May I know how many others like him are influencing decisions on 16th street? Men and women like him, who have come in as friends of wealthy Europeans who wake up one morning and decide they want to own an Indycar team. How many people walk around the IMS garage in May, collecting checks from IZOD, Indycar, or teams and have limited knowledge or respect for American open wheel racing?

Perhaps you will not answer my question. Perhaps knowing their numbers or relative power will discourage me from writing my book. Everything happens for a reason. I just hope you're with me in spirit, and this book makes you happy racing gods.

P.S. I understand that A.J. Foyt loved the Gold Crown Cars. Where can I find a quote regarding this?
Do you speak English perhaps?

1 member likes this post:
6/21/11, 5:53 PM   #5
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
If the water in Indiana is medicated, then apparently so. Have you been drinking imported water?

And thank you, AERO, for your interest
Aero drinks flavored imported water from Pennsylvania. Its called "Dingaling."

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69
6/21/11, 7:53 PM   #6
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier sprinter View Post
Do you speak English perhaps?
I speak the official language of the United States of USAC (not affiliated with USAC). My editors have agreed to help translate my writing into plain English for the enjoyment of everyone. They are veteran authors of books about ********, economics, and one fiction book based on a grand prix racer. They are excited that I have volunteered to do the footwork necessary to tell the story of the current economic state of American open wheel racing.

I am extremely grateful to all who are continuing to contribute to this cause, even the ribbing which bumps my thread to the top. I am humbled by your interest and see you at the races
Last edited by deannalynn; 6/21/11 at 8:00 PM.

6/21/11, 11:54 PM   #7
jim goerge

Reminds me of the old TV ad This is your brain on drugs

6/22/11, 2:24 AM   #8
wolfracer69

so how are you kinected to open wheel raceing, are you a racer, fan,or just interested?

6/22/11, 3:18 AM   #9
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Reminds me of the old TV ad This is your brain on drugs
Considering some of the nonsense you post on here. I find it downright hilarious you would attempt to make fun of what someone else posts.

2 members like this post: fish, jim goerge
6/22/11, 7:41 PM   #10
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Considering some of the nonsense you post on here. I find it downright hilarious you would attempt to make fun of what someone else posts.
Point taken

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > An open letter to the racing gods