IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New start for Silver Crown
2/3/14, 9:22 AM   #1
New start for Silver Crown
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

Well guys and gals, over the weekend I got my third call from Andy Hillenburg since he took the position at USAC. He is one scholar of a guy and is the best news we have had for this series in ages. He wants everyone to know up front there will be NO rule changes this season as long as nothing bad comes about from the first three races. He wants to gain all of the owners trust and is asking you to give him a chance. I personally have never had so much optimism about what is going to come for this series in years to come. Owners, former owners, anyone that is interested in running in this division, the time has come for good things and I will be glad to pass along your information to him. He needs our backing and I will be the first person to stand behind him and say I believe Mr. Hillenburg is our last hope if we want to see this series come back to life. If you have any questions he would be more than glad to answer them. Also, there are plans in the works for a meeting for anyone involved with a Silver Crown team or would like to find out more information at the end of this month. I don't know about you but I'd love to see this thing turn around for the better!

2/3/14, 9:41 AM   #2
HardyBoysRacing

Also for you Champ car enthusiasts, I started a page a few months ago with news, pictures, and lots of information. It's very interesting and fun! Join if you haven't already! https://m.facebook.com/groups/288097...=info&refid=18

3 members like this post: Great Scott, racinstacie, Task Force
2/3/14, 12:52 PM   #3
Re: New start for Silver Crown
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Good news, and thanks for starting the Facebook page. I really hope that this results in the rebirth of Silver Crown.

2/3/14, 12:59 PM   #4
Max Revs

Add Florida to the Silver Crown mix.

I'd like to see a February Speedweeks visit.

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, interpreter66, ISF, wing410fan
2/3/14, 7:24 PM   #5
SETracing

Race Count This Year: 57

Any idea when this meeting will take place?

2/4/14, 3:05 PM   #6
HardyBoysRacing

No specifics yet other than the last week of this month

2/4/14, 4:00 PM   #7
ARCA91
Banned

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 4

I met with Andy during the ARCA Daytona Testing in the vanride around the track, and he seems to be on top of his game. Granted that you can take a license payment reduction and signup for Silver Crown (dirt only) is a mere $300 this year as well.

Thanks Andy'

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New start for Silver Crown