IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
187speed
  #1 3/8/15 7:38 PM
I'm headed to the brickyard 400 this year. This Texas boy has never been to Indiana. Only tracks I'm familier with are the ones off of Dirty 30. So I'm thinking of making the most out of the trip. Gonna hit putnamville on Saturday night but can't seem to find a show to catch on Friday night that's within an hour and a half from Indy. Any suggestions? Thanks
Sprints fan 11 (Offline)
  #2 3/8/15 7:45 PM
Bloomington south and gas city north on 69.
speedbump (Offline)
  #3 3/8/15 7:57 PM
Bloomington would be your track To hit on Friday night show. Don't know if gas city will be running that night of the Brickyard weekend or not
jjones752 (Offline)
  #4 3/8/15 8:24 PM
Bloomington is running Go-carts on July 24th, Gas City is dark. Bloomington's Indiana Sprint Week date is the week before, Gas City's is the 10th and they are also running the Friday after Brickyard weekend. I know that probably doesn't help you...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #5 3/8/15 8:27 PM
No race scheduled at Gas City on Friday July 24th....Bloomington schedule says Monroe County Fair Go Karts.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
Points (Offline)
  #6 3/8/15 8:51 PM
Silver Crown runs the 23rd at lucas oil raceway in Indy if your in town by then. or if your driving up Friday 24th stop in St Louis, Mowa winged sprints and Powri midgets are on the schedule at tri city. That should be a good show. then its three hours up the road to Putnamville Sat.
mscs20 (Offline)
  #7 3/8/15 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69:
No race scheduled at Gas City on Friday July 24th....Bloomington schedule says Monroe County Fair Go Karts.
Working on a VCS (Danville IL) show that night.
3 Likes: jaybird, Morin98, racephoto1
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #8 3/9/15 2:58 PM
Go to the Brickyard during the day! Hit up Kokomo speedway that night for the Bob Darland Memorial! I'm sure it can be done!
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #9 3/9/15 9:33 PM
Originally Posted by scottyCbus:
Go to the Brickyard during the day! Hit up Kokomo speedway that night for the Bob Darland Memorial! I'm sure it can be done!
We always do indy 500 and go to Kokomo and head out to see some great non wing racing at kokomo. And then have to head back south to around the burg area. Long day at the office but a both great racing events.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #10 3/9/15 9:42 PM
Originally Posted by scottyCbus:
They usually start an hour later on the 500 and 400 Sundays.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus