IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mowerman abandons dirt track racing!!!
5/26/13, 10:17 AM   #1
Mowerman abandons dirt track racing!!!
pat54

Extra! Extra! News Flash! Reliable sources report that Bob Clauson has abandoned the Clay of Kokomo for the Asphalt of Anderson, fearing his sandals might get a little mud on them tonight. This indeed is a sad milestone in the annals of sprint car racing. What's next: Trading his beloved Putnamville for IRP? or Gas City for the Speedrome? or perhaps he will make the ultimate switch to Bombers and Thunder Cars? Thanks for the memories, Bob. Meanwhile your old friend is high and dry this beautiful Sunday morning, saving your parking spot here at Kokomo. I am hoping against hope that you will come to your senses; that your conscience will prevail; that you will renounce your hasty decision; and that you will return to your roots. Please come home. There will be no "I told you so" or hard feelings. Tell Monica and Jade I love and miss them. They will always be in my heart.

Your faithful friend, Hershel Hillis.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/26/13, 10:38 AM   #2
Re: Mowerman abandons dirt track racing!!!
Honest-Sam

He may not get them muddy, but I have a sinking, uneasy feeling that he will get them wet.............

1 member likes this post: mowerman
5/26/13, 10:39 AM   #3
Andrew S. Quinn

I got Bob to tell me he liked the Figure 8 race at Anderson the other night,especially if they had more cars. I suspect I'll see him at the World Figure 8 Championship at the Speedrome this year after taking a good amount of teasing from him about me going for the last few years.

Theres plenty of other 4 legged friends at Anderson for Hershel to mix with. I had the big Black Dog out for a walk many times yesterday,so "Whiskey Tom" wouldnt have to walk her and get face planted like he did at the Smackdown last yr. Along the way we met up with a Poodle,and neat blue pitbull puppy,And Otis,and I cant remember Shirleys dogs name,and a cool Brindle Boxer,Jade,and Sadie. The Big Black Dog attracts a lot of attention,and plenty of people just came over to pat her as well.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
5/26/13, 12:47 PM   #4
kidrock

Tell Mowerman he is welcomed back to Lincoln Speedway in Lincoln Il anytime.

3 members like this post: illinifan, mowerman
5/27/13, 11:17 AM   #5
Andrew S. Quinn

Just thinking this morning that Pat told me she was going racing where I go every weekend,as I have had pretty good luck at avoiding getting rained out !

None of us really wanted to miss Kokomo,but after shelling out $29 for a Little 500 ticket the night before,it was hard to abandon ship.

Where are you going this weekend???

2 members like this post: mowerman, pat54
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mowerman abandons dirt track racing!!!