IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ***** Dumped
5/5/11, 1:12 PM   #1
***** Dumped
Vukie

Twitter - Curt Cavin
"Donald ***** no longer this month's #indy500 pace car driver. Story to follow on indystar.com:

http://blogs.indystar.com/racingexpe...ce-car-driver/

SOURCE: IMS PR!

***** DECIDES NOT TO DRIVE PACE CAR

As ***** considers presidential bid, time and business constraints the reason

INDIANAPOLIS, Thursday, May 5, 2011 - Donald J. ***** today informed the Indianapolis Motor Speedway that he may be announcing shortly his intention to run for the office of President of the United States, and therefore he thought it would be inappropriate to drive the Pace Car for the 100th anniversary running of the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday, May 29.

"I very much appreciate the honor, but time and business constraints make my appearance there, especially with the necessary practice sessions, impossible to fulfill," ***** said. "I look forward to watching the race from New York."

Jeff Belskus, Indianapolis Motor Speedway president and chief executive officer, noted that he respects *****'s position and appreciated the communication regarding this decision.

"Donald ***** has been very enthusiastic about the '500' from the beginning of our conversations, and I have appreciated the interaction we have had with him and his staff," Belskus said. "From my first conversation, I was impressed by his deep understanding of the event and history, and I thank him for being a true fan."

The driver of the Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Pace Car for the May 29 race will be announced later this month.
Last edited by Vukie; 5/5/11 at 1:32 PM.

2 members like this post: Jimmydiesel
5/5/11, 1:19 PM   #2
Re: ***** Dumped
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Damn you Vukie, just saw that and was going to post it. Your Twitter finger is faster than mine.

I'm glad he's out because I'm tired of hearing the ******** about it. I'm there to see a race so I really didn't care. Don't like him, but didn't strike a cord with me. I will say though, it's cool that the fans were listened to. Sometimes I wonder if we are heard.

5/5/11, 1:21 PM   #3
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
Damn you Vukie, just saw that and was going to post it. Your Twitter finger is faster than mine.

I'm glad he's out because I'm tired of hearing the ******** about it. I'm there to see a race so I really didn't care. Don't like him, but didn't strike a cord with me. I will say though, it's cool that the fans were listened to. Sometimes I wonder if we are heard.
Al Unser works for me.

5/5/11, 2:24 PM   #4
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

It is the 50th anniversary of A. J. Foyt's first 500 victory, so he would be the logical first choice. However, they are honoring A. J. on the 28th with a special day, so Al Unser would be the next choice as he became the second driver to be a four time winner.

5/5/11, 6:09 PM   #5
KOP

Foyt / Unser / Mears should all be the pace drivers. Give them EACH a car and let them pace 3 wide!

2 members like this post: Danny Burton
5/5/11, 10:27 PM   #6
mortboyz

....LOL....They'd probably end up like AJ, Herk and Arnie Knepper at the '77 Hoosier 100....all 3 stuffed into the turn 3 fence....

5/5/11, 11:45 PM   #7
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Foyt got it thank god its not ***** the 100th deserved bettrer than him

5/6/11, 12:12 AM   #8
jdull99

I bet Bruton Smith already has The Donald lined up for activities at the other big race of the day in Charlotte!* I am sure he will be more welcome down South!

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jasondull.com (For all the Racing News)

1 member likes this post: Blackduce
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ***** Dumped