IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #1 4/23/11 9:38 AM
http://www.rainedout.com/ A text message service to send out "rained out" notifications.

Waynesfield and Brownstown already use it.

8 Likes: babcock14d, Bruce Harrison, cowboyhar69, dirtnonwingfan, JCC, Mud Packer, speed bump, SprintManDave
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #2 4/23/11 9:51 AM
Bill,we at Lawrenceburg Speedway do have this feature. Don't know if it was on here or not but here is the info.
Lawrenceburg Speedway
Stay in the Race: With a FREE text message from Lawrenceburg Speedway! To sign up for our service, all you have to do is:
Text: Racing (this goes in the message part)
To:
95495(this is the send to phone number)

It's that easy!
3 Likes: cowboyhar69, RichH, SprintManDave
WRP (Offline)
  #3 4/23/11 9:53 AM
Unfortunately, we had to use it for the first time today. It's a great service, though. I hope our fans enjoy having this kind of instant alert.

Here's how to receive Waynesfield Raceway Park text alerts via RainedOut. Text keyword "wrpracefan"(no quotes) to 84483. Data and messaging rates may apply, check with your mobile phone provider.
2 Likes: cowboyhar69, Obie
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #4 4/23/11 9:59 AM
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell:
Bill,we at Lawrenceburg Speedway do have this feature. Don't know if it was on here or not but here is the info.
Lawrenceburg Speedway
Stay in the Race: With a FREE text message from Lawrenceburg Speedway! To sign up for our service, all you have to do is:
Text: Racing (this goes in the message part)
To:
95495(this is the send to phone number)

It's that easy!
Thanks Dave! I just did a search on there website for speedway... so I really didn't do much checking.

I thought it was a great idea!

I signed up!

Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #5 4/23/11 10:24 AM
Bill, we use our own service so thats why its not on that rainedout website. Its really nice to be able to get the word out in short time. I love technology, and i hate it, lol
Happy Easter!!
AERO410SCJA (Offline)
  #6 4/23/11 10:32 AM
North Vernon also uses this feature.
Ps Bozo you should have the burg in your text.So when everyone is cancelling the uses know which track it is.
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #7 4/23/11 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA:
North Vernon also uses this feature.
Ps Bozo you should have the burg in your text.So when everyone is cancelling the uses know which track it is.
Never knew that, I'll see what i can do!! Happy Easter
Drtchsr (Offline)
  #8 4/23/11 11:39 AM
What about us oldtimers that still :2:use smoke signals and don't have texting on there phones? :2:
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #9 4/23/11 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Drtchsr:
What about us oldtimers that still :2:use smoke signals and don't have texting on there phones? :2:
I sent out smoke signals last night, other ways to know whats going on is to call 1-812-539-4700, the phone usually jams up on raceday but keep trying, you can also check out our website at www.lawrenceburgspeedway.com, or check out our facebook page, or call a friend that has that technology. Either way it is much easier to get the word out than it was years ago.
Thanks, Dave
D.O. (Offline)
  #10 4/23/11 11:53 AM
Anyone got North Vernon's info?