IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #1 1/23/21 10:01 PM
Just watched him go back to back on Flo at Arizona!! This kid is the real deal!!

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
17 Likes: 95KART, bighd0522, Blitzman, dirt330, duel, erich45, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, jonboat15, luckybuc97, nathans1012, openwheelfan1, PJ Wright, sc17x, SOROKACH35FAN, sprinter31, WinglessLovers
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #2 1/24/21 1:40 AM
He has a USAC sprint ride for Florida with the Chris Dyson 16

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
14 Likes: 95KART, addictedtodirt, dirt330, duel, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, jonboat15, luckybuc97, nathans1012, PJ Wright, racenut69, SOROKACH35FAN, The Old Coyote, Will Shunk
95KART (Offline)
  #3 1/24/21 11:33 AM
Huge amount of talent. If I said "did you see the move he made past Gio Scelzi and Cory Eliason into turn 3 while in lap traffic to take the lead?" You probably wouldn't think I'm talking about a teenager. Amazing race, looking like a veteran out there. I'm excited to see Kofoid race the USAC sprints.
4 Likes: Chief Wahoo, i love dirt track racing, jonboat15, sc17x
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #4 1/24/21 12:21 PM
He is crazy good and smooth. I wonder if his winged racing schedule will start to pick up now? Big props to Andy Reinbold for fielding some championship quality rides, I wish there could be more car owners like him.
3 Likes: 95KART, luckybuc97, rmr6nm
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #5 1/24/21 12:43 PM
The kid can wheel no doubt. Let’s see if he can get the sweep this afternoon. I saw on Twitter they moved the starting time up so check the listings so ya don’t miss it
revjimk (Offline)
  #6 1/24/21 1:42 PM
He's excellent & can only get better.... the next "Big Thing"???
3 Likes: 95KART, sc17x, Will Shunk
Will Shunk (Online)
  #7 1/24/21 3:43 PM
I have watch Buddy Kofoid for a few years now during his wing 410's at Fremont & Attica and his USAC midget season. What I see as unique is his mental ability to not race the drivers but the track. He routinely has battled with the best of the best and never flinches. He has slid and fed right rears to Bell, Larson, Sunshine, Windom, etc. not to be dirty but to run his racing line. Tony saw this in person last night. Kofoid slid Tony, Tony crowded him turning his nose down on the slider, Kofoid held his arc, tapped wheels and was gone. Will it bite him down the road, sure. Will he back down, I doubt it. We may only have one more season to watch Buddy close to home, so get out and enjoy his talents on dirt.
Dirt Track Cowboy (Offline)
  #8 1/25/21 10:50 AM
The kid is an amazing talent and I like his aggressiveness when he's racing the "who's who" of whatever series he's running. Kid is fun to watch and seems like a pretty decent kid.
3 Likes: 95KART, jonboat15, SOROKACH35FAN
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #9 1/25/21 4:48 PM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
He has a USAC sprint ride for Florida with the Chris Dyson 16
He will be fun to watch in Florida. Hell I am going back in the pits and grab me a t shirt and thank him for doing this stuff and wish him the best. LOL.
3 Likes: Dirt Track Cowboy, Dirtfan, opnwhlmnd