IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Hubie (Offline)
  #1 7/6/11 10:24 AM
So I will start this thread

Why don't some of the HotRods who live near the Action Track give us some sort of update as to what is going on over there? Are they working on the track? Is it idle? Do you see equipment on low boy trailers sitting around?

Sprint Weeks are coming, and it is on the schedule. I am making my travel plans and would appreciate any information in regards to someone actually trying to help the racing surface.

Thanks in advance

Hubie
Sawdust101 (Offline)
  #2 7/6/11 10:44 AM
I say we go up there and hot-wire the equipment and start working the track ourselves.
terrehautian (Offline)
  #3 7/6/11 10:44 AM
Wallsracing works right across the street, he would be the best bet. I don't go to that end of town if I don't have to.
ISF (Offline)
  #4 7/6/11 11:01 AM
Has anyone heard anything in regards to the rescheduling of the Sumar?

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #5 7/6/11 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by ISF:
Has anyone heard anything in regards to the rescheduling of the Sumar?
Just a thought, but maybe they could reschedule for September 11 since the sprint cars are there the night before. Just my opinion, but you won't see a reschedule date. USAC has a number of other races that were postponed earlier in the year and nothing has developed on those so I doubt it will on this one either.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #6 7/6/11 11:29 AM
Yeah i keep a look out...im sure with having a demo derby on monday isnt gonna help the situation...the front stretch will be dusty
ISF (Offline)
  #7 7/6/11 1:11 PM
I really hope they don't cancel it completely but as you guys say the recent past would indicate that they probably will. As I have said before, they need to have a contingency plan in place for all of these Silver Crown races at the time of the original scheduling in the event of a postponement.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
jim goerge (Offline)
  #8 7/6/11 4:06 PM
Originally Posted by Wallsracing:
Yeah i keep a look out...im sure with having a demo derby on monday isnt gonna help the situation...the front stretch will be dusty
And the back stretch and turns 1&2 and 3&4 lol