IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hy-Miler 100
7/25/10, 7:57 PM   #1
Hy-Miler 100
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

My hometrack rained out for the first time in 10 straight weeks so I ventured to the South side of Lake Erie and went to Sandusky Speedway.

For those of you interested in seeing a Canadian beating one other Canadian and 25 Americans in Ohio on pavement I have posted photos from last nights 33rd Hy-Miler 100 ISMA Supermodified race here:http://www.apexonephoto.com/ISMA-Hy-Miler-100-Sandusky. My first time seeing this race and I really enjoyed it. I think even though the Super fans are smaller in numbers I think they are a little more rabid then Hoosiers at a sprint car race. The place was packed, they ran a makeup feature at 10 a.m. and it was as hot and humid as late July can be in the Midwest.

For those of you interested in seeing a Brazilian get robbed by some Australian's in Alberta turn on Versus...
Last edited by apexonephoto; 7/25/10 at 7:59 PM.

2 members like this post: Geoff Kaiser, Mud Packer
7/25/10, 9:00 PM   #2
Re: Hy-Miler 100
IndyBound

Thanks for sharing the great pictures, it certainly was a great win for Mark.

Patti

7/25/10, 9:08 PM   #3
apexonephoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
Thanks for sharing the great pictures, it certainly was a great win for Mark.

Patti
If the #61 of Shoe II (Dave Shullick Jr.) wouldn't have broke on lap 62, he would have won the race. It was great to see Mark win a race.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
7/25/10, 9:31 PM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I've attended this race on a number of occasions. Always a great crowd and Sandusky is a great place for the supers. Although I enjoy them more at Toledo, Sandusky Speedway is probably a better track for the Hy-Miler. Toledo claims a lot of cars due to high speeds on the high banks.

I couldn't help but notice that Chris Perley wasn't listed in the feature run down. Did he not make the feature or was he not there for the race?

Thanks for the great pictures and glad you enjoyed the show.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/25/10, 9:51 PM   #5
apexonephoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
I've attended this race on a number of occasions. Always a great crowd and Sandusky is a great place for the supers. Although I enjoy them more at Toledo, Sandusky Speedway is probably a better track for the Hy-Miler. Toledo claims a lot of cars due to high speeds on the high banks.

I couldn't help but notice that Chris Perley wasn't listed in the feature run down. Did he not make the feature or was he not there for the race?

Thanks for the great pictures and glad you enjoyed the show.
It was cool, when you are at the same track every weekend, and the first weekend I get off is the Hy-Miler. There was a lot of mechanical failures, which is the norm for Super's.

They mentioned that Perley is only going to run the East coast races this season, no travel. I think Perley had won the Hy-Miler from 2006-2009.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
7/25/10, 9:55 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I love the supers. Just wish that they ran in the midwest more often. I know that the MSA has been working hard to "fill" the gap somewhat. ISMA comes here about 3 times a summer so I guess I can't complain too much. These are awesome machines.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/25/10, 10:03 PM   #7
apexonephoto

Just seeing the change in ride height on Jeff Locke's car from the straightaway to the turns. To me nothing looks as wicked as these things.

7/26/10, 12:31 AM   #8
racephoto1

They'd look even more wicked running Winchester and Salem again, minus the roof, like they used to.

1 member likes this post: 64chevy
7/26/10, 8:20 AM   #9
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Thanks for the photos! I got to see the Buckeye Sprints there last Summer. Cool track that I'd like to get back to.

7/26/10, 8:30 AM   #10
TQ29m

I remember standing in the infield at Salem, and feeling the ground rattle as they raced, awesome sight, sound and feeling. They also ran a Demonstration at IRP during one of the Kroger Sprint car races, even at part throttle, they were 2 seconds faster than the Sprints, track was a bit to "shiny" they said, still put on a hell of a show! Bob

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hy-Miler 100