IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson Wins Ultimate Challenge-$15,000-O
8/10/11, 6:14 AM   #1
Kyle Larson Wins Ultimate Challenge-$15,000-O
oldracer#4

On his first night in the car 19 year old Kyle Larson wins the $15,000 first place money and admiration of the racing crowd. You can not help but like this young man from California, he says the right things and can make a race car do anything he wants it to do on a race track no matter what the conditions are.

It is not just my view but the view of the crowd in attendance this track needed more prep and a lot more water. From hot laps which is the opening video on this video till the end of the race when ten teams decided to replace the right rear tires and go to the back of the race rather than take a chance on the tires they were racing on a track taking rubber with tires smoking coming off the turns. With the wind coming from the Northwest and blowing right into the stands, every fan was covered with lots of dust. Not only was the race fans affected but the racing was a single file train for the finish.

With a slide job pass on Brady Bacon after a yellow flag restart Kyle Larson took no time to get the lead back and pulled away from the field. Bacon looked like his tire may have sealed over after leading and having the yellow flag come out and stop the race. When the race resumed Bacon looked helpless after Larson made the pass. Enjoy.

8/10/11, 7:03 AM   #2
Re: Kyle Larson Wins Ultimate Challenge-$15,0
smith19

announcer put me to sleep. lol

8/10/11, 7:16 AM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Congrats Kyle and HAR! and Mean Green!

Not bad for a washed up team
With Bad unreliable equiptment
A blind crew chief.
A Chassis that hasn't worked in five years and jumps around.

ECT....

What a way to come home from work. Thanks Cheeseworks!

Anyone know who's driving this weekend yet?

The beatings will continue..........................

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Jrp4554
8/10/11, 7:28 AM   #4
wvwildthg

YA some much for the bad crew chief..... Way to go Rob,Dickie and the whole Har crew!!!
MY guess is that the cowboy couldnt ride your horse like it need to be ridden!
Last edited by wvwildthg; 8/10/11 at 7:39 AM.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
8/10/11, 7:29 AM   #5
cowboyhar69

Charles, they have hired a driver for this weekend. I'm sure they will put something on their website or on here about who it is.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

8/10/11, 7:42 AM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
Charles, they have hired a driver for this weekend. I'm sure they will put something on their website or on here about who it is.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
Thanks Cowboy. Look foward to it. And as always, Wish the best for Daron too.

8/10/11, 7:56 AM   #7
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Think about what this kid has done this year. He's won in a dirt midget, pavement midget, non-wing sprint car, and wing sprint car. He's also had quick times in a pavement sprint car and SC car (will still have chances to win there too). So out of the 7 different rides (dirt/pavement midget, sprint, SC and wing sprint), he has won in 4 of them. I know he is/was looking for a ride for the Nationals, I hope he finds one.

I first saw him race last year at the Oval Nationals in the Crossno #38. I thought then that he was pretty good for his age. I never thought he would be this good, this early.

He's the best TRUE outlaw out there right now. He'll be moving on soon so you better watch and enjoy while you can. Someone mentioned that Ganassi has signed him. I'm sure it's for Cup, but man it would be cool if it was for IndyCars.

1 member likes this post: apexonephoto
8/10/11, 10:02 AM   #8
bzneil

Congratulations HAR!!!

8/10/11, 1:33 PM   #9
Deansnuts

Did anyone notice how close Jackslash came from getting drilled on the back streach by the flipping car?Brad Fox saved his butt,thanks Brad...Please dont complain about payin 60 bucks a year for signing up for jackslash.It aint easy to bring you the latest and greatest video alowed.jmho Dean Buckley.....

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, oldfan49
8/10/11, 2:46 PM   #10
Steve Wendel

Thank You Oldracer4, I always enjoy your videos!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson Wins Ultimate Challenge-$15,000-O