IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Warning! NASCAR thread.
10/29/07, 2:36 PM   #11
Re: Warning! NASCAR thread.
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

I completely agree. There is so many exciting, local venues that aren't commericialized, why would someone what to go any where else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
If I want to see the "NEW GUYS"... I just go to a local SPRINT CAR SHOW! Costs alot less and is much more enjoyable!

10/29/07, 6:57 PM   #12
Bostonian

Maybe Bobby Santos or some of the other young open wheel guy's will get a chance at Champ Car or the IRL :idea: I think there are a few openings in the IRL for next season. If Marco Andretti can do it why not some of the young americans :idea: I just hate seeing all these young drivers trying to go the bashcar route.

Just my oppinion :rolleyes:

10/29/07, 7:05 PM   #13
chadsniffsmethanol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Tony,
I think it is all about trying to take NAPCAR international. Maybe one day we'll be lucky and all the races will be overseas.
:rolling:priceless

generic cars, generic drivers.

10/29/07, 7:58 PM   #14
sprint 98j

Marco Andretti, Came from shifter karts, the closest thing to an indy car performance wise for under 500,000, so did Scott Speed in F-1. don't forget those are 150 mile an hour go karts. Dirt doesn't help you go fast in an indy car But it's alot more fun. winged pavement 410s are a good trainingg ground and faster than an indy car on a short track.

10/29/07, 8:16 PM   #15
Bostonian

Thats why I named Bobby Santos as a one of the young guy's. He was a National karting champ. Since then he has run and won in 350 Supers, ISMA Supers, Oswego Supers, WMT & SK Modifieds, NEMA Midgets, PRA and all 3 USAC pavement div. :checkered::checkered:

To be honest I enjoy watching the NHRA on sunday nights over Nascar. Unless there is someone running the race that i'm interested in watching.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Warning! NASCAR thread.