Thread: Midget Motors
View Single Post
9/15/11, 7:57 AM   #6
Re: Midget Motors
DAD

I'm old school, raced gokarts back in the 50's. I'll never forget getting on a dual engine kart and steeping on the gas the first time, that was a kick in the pants. Since a midget must have a rear end and drive shaft, because that is the way we define them now and history doesn't count and we can't think outside the box god forbid and use a chain drive. Here is what I would do, first get two high tec jap1000cc motors, find some old school 3/4 midget machinist to cut off the transmishions bolt them to a motorplate with a drive shaft in the middle driven by timeing belts from each motor, lay the left motor over and stand the right motor straight up and drive through a drive shaft to the quick change rear end. We currently are getting about 225-245 horse power with these enginines now, double that equals 450 horse power, with a 1150 car and driver that would be about 2.5 horsepower to the pound. The driver would have to take careful aim before depressing the go button. It would also probably be hard on right rear tires.
Last edited by DAD; 9/15/11 at 7:58 AM.

1 member likes this post: jjracer636