View Single Post
9/21/22, 10:11 PM   #40
flagboy55

Lot’s to take in here. The biggest point I’m going to try to make is that we’re a fringe operative. Case in point is racing at the State Fairgrounds. Indianapolis is the racing capital of the world, with the Indy mile dripping with history. It’s gone. If you can’t keep a race track race track there, it’s not looking good for anywhere else. The Action Track is the same or maybe even more so with it’s historic value, not to mention the only dirt half mile left in the state. I can remember when USAC didn’t run on anything less than a half mile. Lot’s have changed in the world, and racing is no different, unfortunately. I raced in Terre Haute one time myself. If I was young again, and still racing I would absolutely do it again. For if only one reason, I wanted to race on the same track that spawned the giants of American Racing. People have their reasons for not racing there, or not running midgets there anymore, but to me those excuses are flimsy. Some of us who have had the great fortune of seeing a bunch of races there for a long time, are rightfully concerned when controversy comes up with the Vigo County Fairgrounds. Not because it’s another race track possibly slipping into oblivion, but because it is the Terre Haute Action Track. A place that separates men from boys, and when properly done displays the most beautiful image of Sprint Car racing