View Single Post
1/26/23, 12:56 AM   #13
DirtTrackTherapy16J

The irony of this is some of the same people that sit on here and talk about we need more crowds, bigger crowds, new fans, younger crowds/fans, new generations to attend races and continue the sport we all love so we dont lose it...yet sit there and pat a person on the back and say thank you for running a track into the ground in 1 single season???

I wont sit and bad mouth the person(s), call them names, none of that immature garbage. I got my own problems, noone is perfect. HOWEVER, NOONE made anyone take the job. They took it on their own and failed miserably in so many ways. Such a great promoter and promotional team, veteran(s) at the business, yet one night the track was so terribly oversaturated that the ruts was like a Motox track on one of the worse drought years in North Central Indiana history. Didnt realize they was overwatering it? The cars regardless of class, was making water splash up out of the ruts. Pat on the back and thank you for that? Atta boy, get em next at bat for that? Nah I dont think so.

So many drivers and teams lost respect and will not return to the track under the current promotional team. Open your eyes for those who cant see it, outside of big shows or sanctioned shows.

Its funny, we had a group of young men sitting in front of us one night...picking our brains, had never been to a track until that night. They was from up around Ft. Wayne. Next night they was at US24. They seen our group. The one kid pipes up and says man these cars are way smaller, way smaller track, but that place last night was a sh*t hole compared to here. Yeah really really sad when beginner fans see it, yet people wanna pat someone on the back and say thank you?

Its extremely sad so many people, including myself looked forward to the end of a work week, every Friday going to GC, seeing good car counts from all classes, good racing, nice family fun atmosphere, destroyed in 1 season. No sorry I refuse to say thank you or give them a pat on the back. Oh and for those who went to a handful of races and knows everything, I went to every race but 3 in 2022, one of which was a monster truck show, the other 2 I had prior commitments to kids in my life. 2021 missed less, 2020 missed less. Dont even try the support the place and track with me bc I did week in and week out!!!!
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 1/26/23 at 1:02 AM.

2 members like this post: billm233, JDavis#11