View Single Post
IndyBound (Offline)
  #24 5/12/13 8:24 PM
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead:
don't know what mma is/ but boxing has rules, fighting is not permitted in football (period) and is penalized in hockey (for a hot minute or two) but there is no need for fighting in motor sports, for one thing, most drivers are small of stature but several are not (if we allow bullying, pushing punching and kicking to rule; then who's gonna enjoy racing?) its easy to get caught up with emotion in motorsports, but if you can't deal with and control your emotions and temper, then join the toothless canooks on the ice and stay out of a racecar (although i do recal at least one gentleman who did play professional hockey and raced supermods, but as i recal he was a gentleman within the racing coomunity half of his life at least)

Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe I should stay out of this thread like I have so far, but your post about one gentleman who did play professional hockey and race supermods has be wondering if you are referring to Andy Brown. If so you must not have been at Oswego the night Andy was so mad he couldn't get anyone to open the gate to let him up in the tower to dicuss a decision he was unhappy with, so he tried climbing the outside of the metal frame work to get up to the tower. You may be thinking of someone other than Andy but he is the only hockey player/supermod racer that I ever saw race that made it to professional hockey that I was aware. The nickname I knew him by was Animal Andy Brown and he sure showed his animal instincts that night at Oswego Speedway.

I do know Coleman and his family, I think Coleman is a good little racer and he comes from a wonderful family. I have not talked to Coleman or his family since the race in question so as I said I will stay out of adding any comments.

What I will add is an event that took place at Oswego Speedway last night, since I wasn't there let's hope I have my facts straight. Otto Sitterly and Dave Gruel came together 65 laps into the feature sending Gruel spinning out and Sitterly able to continue on, the signal was given to both cars to restart at the rear of the field, Sitterly refused to go to the rear pulled his car up to the start finish line climbed out and left the car there. Needless to say pictures found there way onto facebook comparing these actions to Nascar racing, alot of bantering about the call to put Sitterly to the rear was wrong found it's way onto facebook and some people went as far as to call for the race director to be replaced. Again I am not going to add any of my own thoughts about what happend last night to this thread. I wasn't there!!!

Maybe that is my point, alot of things posted on IOW about Coleman, on facebook last night about Oswego Speedway and on twitter and other Nascar social media sights after some of the fighting that has taken place in Nascar this season were being posted by a huge number of people that weren't even at the event they were posting about. Social media in my book is great when we want race results for an event we can't be at but sure can be detrimental at a time of controversy.

Davey Hamilton won the 75 lap Oswego Speedway regular season opener by the way. Congrats Davey!!!!
7 Likes: apexonephoto, fish, I Miss Manzy, MEAT, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright