View Single Post
6/1/21, 6:32 PM   #15
Re: Kyle Larson - Will we ever see him at Indy for the 500?
Brickyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
You know, All I was trying to say is that it would be more a spectacle if more people could connect to it. Larson drives in front of 5-10k crowds all around the country. Does the road to indy have any fans other than Indy Lights on carb day?

Yeah, Honestly, I don't know about Rinus or Pato or Palou, Where did they come from? That's what Im saying. Used to be you watched these guys for five ten years and followed their career in Indycar.. I quit paying attention to anything but the 500 and barely watch that anymore. Used to follow Andretti's Foyt, Jones, Unsers all across the circuit Because they raced in front of us before and even after they got famous.

Things are different, For the better? Not to me.
I'm not saying to be a smart A, so don't take it that way, but I always see this on here. Where did they come from, who are they? If we had more local guys more people would watch. There is whole big world of auto racing outside the many dirt tracks across the U.S. and a lot of these guys start out just as small learning in karts then moving up into the junior formulas here and across the pond. Some run sports cars, one driver has won three Aussie Supercar championships in a row. You have former junior category champions to include Formula 2. Guys that won at Le Mans, Sebring, Daytona 24, been reserve drivers in F1 and have driven races in F1.

You may not know them, you might not have watched them for 5 or 10 years coming up through the ranks, but plenty of people that pay attention to things outside the whole wide world of Indiana dirt do.