View Single Post
5/9/20, 9:20 AM   #30
Re: Daugherty Speedway Racing
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Bonnema View Post
I'm SO glad you asked sir. The answer is very little but one thing is that all three states are part of the greatest experiment in history known as THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA aka THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. Pretty sure we all agree on this.

But there are some differences. California, Illinois and the state I live in (oregon) all have 4th amendment rights unlike indiana which has NO 4th Amendment rights (hello!!???)

I can't speak about Ca. and Ill. so I'll compare Oregon to Indiana.

#1 I save 9% on everything out here 'cause there is NO sales tax. Prices at wally world are the same here and there (gatorade is $1 here and there) less 9% of course.

#2 Minimum wage is $12/hr here vs. $7.25 there. Don't spend it all in one place.

#3 Ya know that county payroll tax they take out of your check every payday?? Not here. The last year I worked out there it amounted to one full paycheck out of my life. Now if you're "Lucky" enough to live in So. Indiana and work in Ky or vice versa then you get TWO county payroll taxes taken out AND get to pay $8 per day going across the bridge.

#4 Somehow , unlike Indiana our roads are not full of potholes. That's 'cause someone pulled the road funds into a different fund and THEN added a .10c TAX on gas and a .30c TAX on Diesel. (there's that "T' word again lol.)Those are the worst roads I have EVER driven on!!! Wonder what happened to that guy?? I heard (herd?) he moved.

Seniors are well taken care of out here. I am on a VERY fixed income and I'm very grateful to Oregon for the help they give. I live in a house that now has multiple bedrooms but it was a 2 bedroom when it sold for 123k two years ago. That's a little more than Indiana I guess but out here a Min. wage person might have a chance to be a property owner.

Restaurant food is more I'm sure because something close to a living wage is being paid. Fuel is 2.08. Should be less but not Oregon's fault. Greedy oil company's who know there is more money out here.

California of course is taxed to the hilt and sadly for me is not affordable.
I have a sister that lives in Oregon and she paints a much different picture. Forgive me if I take her word over yours on this particular subject.

6 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Jerry Shaw, Jtravels, nathans1012, PIT CART, sp6967