View Single Post
Morgan7m (Offline)
  #63 1/22/14 10:24 PM
OK, I hate this but I just can’t seem to stay out of this thread and I had hoped it would have died out by now but Billy seems to always get a thread of his going by his sense of humor. (Keep it up Billy) I feel that I finally have to put my worthless 2 cents in with all of the others on here that are so lame. I am amazed in a way that so many are bashing Cottle when this doesn’t seem to be his normal personality, but I may be mistaken. Would I have gone after Kuhn if he had dumped me, Heck YES!!! Why?? Because that’s how all of us learned growing up on the bullrings of Indiana, racing the likes of Bob Kinser and other legends. Bob and the others demanded RESPECT. They had respect on the track for their driving talent as well as they had respect of the drivers they raced against. If they didn’t, Bob or the others would take care of it not only in the pits but on the track and even fight at the edge of the track. RESPECT!!!

I agree 100% with riskybrisky5. I will add, that the person that is in the worst spot is the car owner that loves the sport and has a driver in the seat that is not his son or a family member. This situation or combination basically goes unnoticed or discussed. That the owner just got his car tore up because of the lack of respect from a driver and is now required to spend thousands more of his own hard earned money to put the car back together and compete again. Now I’m not talking about “racing accidents”, I’m talking stupid moves drivers make and even drivers that seem to crash your car a few times a year. I have had guys crash my car on the yellow flags, but that goes unnoticed. Owners suck it up and pay the bills and rebuild. Ever wonder if this could be another one of the reasons there are fewer car owners than previous years?

Riskybrisky5, and 4wheelsinthekoosh, we know what it was like racing 20 years ago and the respect that we gave each other and other drivers that deserved it. We also know that we would receive a true beating after the race if we did something intentional to one of them or even if it were an accident. They had our full RESPECT. If we respected them, they respected us. I also say, let the drivers take care of these issues on the track and if the hired driver won’t take care of it, let the owner take care of it in the pits. Guarantee you that if a driver of mine will not take care of my assets and interests as if it were his, then I will find another driver for the next race. If things now were the way things were, like a couple of decades ago and farther back, there would be a lot less car crashing going on. If it did, they knew what they were going to get when they got out of the car or got back on the track again. There are a lot of drivers that do not have discipline and the lack of discipline usually means they have no respect for others assets. No discipline or respect is a combination for costing a lot of people a lot of money before someone teaches the individual what discipline and respect are.

Ray Morgan
5 Likes: CRA91, PJ Wright, Quick Change, Rpracing1, Speedracer