Thread: Indy Mile
View Single Post
10/5/22, 4:20 PM   #6
TQ97

I dealt with the fair board there for a couple of years as I was on the board and then the President of Mini Indy, the qm track just outside turn 2 of the mile. IMO the narrative from the fair board changed after the concert tragedy. It was like something switched where it became about making more money - perhaps to pay for the lawsuit from the concert. Our lease was incredibly favorable and friendly for years, and the year after I was President, they started doing things like charging for plugging into their electrical around the track, put up a huge pole barn in some of our prime parking space without any warning or notification, and just became less friendly in general.

They put the limestone down as a way to have additional parking they can charge for. I have no idea how they don’t have enough parking already but…. For those unaware, they’ve also ended the lease of the qm track effective at the end of this year as they are going to use that land for other purposes.

I occasionally go to a Fuel hockey game but I’ll try and not go this year. They are moving to a new arena in Fishers next year I believe. And at that point, I’ll never support anything at the state fairgrounds ever again.