View Single Post
11/23/14, 5:56 PM   #46
Re: king of the tqs meeting
TQ29m

Nothing ever in the rules that mandated cutting off the trans case, it just made sense, wasn't being used for anything, made more room, and that's the way it was. Same deal with the 600 and 700 cc multi cam motors, leave it there, just hook up to the END OF THE CRANK. I don't see any reason for alarm, or panic, the rules, as they are, still allows anyone to use the Honda, or any other of their choice, as long as it meets the rule, someone still has to be smart enough to make it work, my Yamaha, which I started running in 2005, has made me a lot of money, due to the fact it is reliable, and I didn't have to mortgage the farm to use it, the only engine I know of currently banned, is a 2-stroke of any kind or size, the reason, Ron Ambrose, not so much for the engine, but because Ron can drive a race car, and he doesn't say or do anything he can't back up, he knows the rules, and he has the seat time, and talent, to make it happen, you don't see him on here much, because he is a "listener", and I'm sure he is laughing, as much as I am, about a lot of things that are said on here, right Ron! I see no reason to get your nickers in a knot about engine rules, the ones that are in place right now, are as good as you'll get, money can buy a lot of things, but it can't buy friendship, all it can buy is the willingness to look for something else to do, I deliberately left my Yamaha stock, cause I wanted to continue to run with the TQ's, had I made a rocket out of it, how long do you think I could have ran it, not long, I'm sure, but it is inexpensive, and dependable, and competitive, and in the long run, will make you're wallet happy. That's all I got for now, I just hope there is a good car count for next year, and we all have a place we can run, if we had the car counts we had back in the early 90's, we'd have plenty of cars for yet another organization, which I think makes it better, give everyone a choice! Bob