View Single Post
11/23/14, 5:01 PM   #45
Re: king of the tqs meeting
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy Dirt Bowl View Post
95% of Indiana TQ racers will say NO to changing engine rules. Trust me, I heard every one of those NO's just a couple years ago. The Honda 750 is still easy to get and plenty of parts available. People have been trying newer engines for years. It wasnt until this past season when one of the best TQ racers in Indiana tried a new engine, and had us all covered. This racer won a lot of races with the 750, but it just seemed easier for him to win with the new engine. The engine is a 2014 Kaw, built by Adams Racing from NC, and anybody can buy one If they have $18,000. I don't have that kind of $ to spend on a TQ engine. To keep the 750 competitive, the easiest and most affordable way would be to allow more CCs. We could go to 915cc with just a set of new pistons. Could try a weight break too. Don't count on any engine changes. Thats why there has only been a panel put together to EXPLORE new options. You can't really use the Florida TQs as comparison. FL TQs allow the 600s to use the transmission like a Kenyon car. East coast TQs run through the trans also.
Those Florida Midgets are neat. With the trans in place it looks like they tilt the motor out of the car like a modern day Midget Motor does. They limit their motors to being at least 7 years old, wonder if they have someone that can look at one of them and know how old it is?

I guess because of all that sunny southern weather down there Pavement is the surface of choice for a race track.
http://www.floridatqmidgets.com/

Pavement is more expensive to race on, Horsepower is a definite advantage their also. And then to be competitive each team would have to have both a dirt and pavement car to maximize their efforts.

It would not be necessary to spend $18000,00 to build a competitive 600cc motor, in fact stock should be all you need to race on. All that would have to be done is allow the transmission to stay right where it came from, hook up a U-joint and go kick some Butt.

I have been looking at a TQ sitting around is a guys way for the last year, but it has a blown up 836, and I just cant figure out how or why I would want to invest money in it to race on a limited schedule. I do have a bone stock 2000 Yamaha R-6 Sitting in a mini sprint that would fit right in and we could go racing.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/23/14 at 5:09 PM.